I thought I would write about all of this sooner but this week, as you already know, has been one of those weeks!
Here is the main lesson that wraps up all that I learned from "Pink Impact."
I AM NOT A VICTIM ANYMORE! Don't label me "Child of Divorce" or "Child of Domestic Abuse." Don't label me "that girl that fell into temptation during college." Call me Susan, Child of God-Forgiven by God now living by Grace.
You see, we all have are "labels" that we could wear proudly. We want to use these labels to define us, control us and categorize us. Because it is easier to hold on to the victim role than to release the pain. But funny thing is, once you let go, you realize how much sweeter life can be without all the baggage. Bitterness, hurt feelings, anger take root when we refuse to to let it go. God does not want us to go through life dropping the victim card each time we feel the need to be noticed. Instead His desire is for us to live freely, abundant lives, speaking the truth in love and letting go and moving beyond yesterday.
At PINK IMPACT, Christine Caine told a story that is found in Exodus 8:1-10. Many of us have grown up hearing the story of the 10 Commandments. We can tell you each of the plagues because it was ingrained in us during Bible study. But let me see if you have noticed this part of the story. Frogs were everywhere during the 2nd plague. Frogs in the water, the toilet, the oven, the food. Frogs in the bed, closets and cupboards. Frogs were EVERYWHERE!
pharaoh goes to Moses and says "Pray to the Lord to take the frogs away from me and my people, and I will let your people go." (verse 8)
Moses says, "I leave you the honor of setting the official time for me and to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile."
Pharoahs answer: "Tomorrow." (verse 10)
Now here is what Christine pointed out to us. If God is willing to take away your FROG then why are we waiting until TOMORROW to get this things removed from our lives? Why do we enjoy the victim role? If God has given us the honor of setting the official times for us to rid ourselves of our FROGS then why are we not running to His throne and laying all that stands in our way from being free from the FROGS!
Today, I am going to stand tall, raise my hands in the air and scream at the top of my lungs,
"I AM NOT A VICTIM ANYMORE!!!!!!!"
"I AM FREE TO BE ALL THAT GOD HAS CALLED ME TO BE!!!!!!"
"I CHOOSE FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, TO LIVE MY LIFE OUT LOUD-SEEKING AND SAVING THE LOST!!!!"
Maybe you would like to join me in doing the same?!?!
Don't let your FROG take over-allow God to remove them from your life. Be free, sweet friends! BE FREE!
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Susan,
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and wisdom. I think that you are so right when you say why are we choosing to live under these titles, these labels (that really Satan places on us to tie us down) when God begs us and longs for us to wear His name as His children, free from all the garbage that we choose to let rule in our hearts. Thank you for reminding me today of whose I am, and what that means in my life when I truly take hold of that, and let myself be free. Hey... are you guys worshiping at RHCC? I couldn't remember. Nathan (my little man) and I are coming home for a few weeks and I'm sure will be at church a few times... would be so good to see you! Just a thought! God bless you!
Post a Comment