Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thirteen: Counting My Recent Blessings




1. My Aunt Karen married the sweetest man, Jim. They fit like a glove. During the wedding, he leaned over and kissed her lightly on the lips. Four times to be exact. They are in love. This blesses me.

2. Seeing the other Aunt Karen, Cousin Sue, Linda and Amy. Nice to catch up with them. And uh, Amy, you said you would update your blog-what's the deal?!? When you going to hook up the cousins and your sisters with an update? Catching up with family always blesses me.

3. Having the house to myself for the weekend. A little selfish, I know but it is always nice to read without Jeff over my shoulder. Did I ever tell you that Jeff likes to wait until I am 50 or less pages until I am finished-then he comes over and says "Susan is your book good?" Nod, nod while my nose is still in the book. Then he will grab the book and say, "Did you hear me? I asked if the book is good. Tell me about it!" Then I will look up, give him a smirk and say, "Jeff! Please! I am trying to read! It's getting to the good part!!!" He will laugh and say, "I know why do think I asked you now." MEN!!

4. The rain. I am so thankful that the water levels are rising. I have family that farms for a living-I know they are blessed when it rains. I am blessed because they are blessed.

5. History Test post poned! I have a few extra days to cram, this is always a blessing!

6. Singing the Praise with the Metro Kids! What fun this is and will continue to be for me. God is good blessing me with a ministry like this one.

7. My new OB/GYN. I was nervous changing doctors but after much prayer I knew it was the right thing. She gave me hope. She talked clearly and logically to me. I left the office feeling peaceful instead of frantic for when we start a family! I am blessed that the Lord provided a new doctor for me.

8. Timing! God is good! Jeff and I are moving in the right direction. That is all I will say-some things need not to be posted via the blog.

9. Charger Football! The boys are doing so good this year. This is a blessing because it blesses my husband, FIL and BIL. Keep up the good work boys!

10. LOST-not a true blessing but it keeps me entertained. And I am watching it while I get my list together.

11. Blogland-I have said this before but over the last few months-I have been blessed to get reconnected with friends and family via the blog world. May God continue to use this for His glory.

12. Answered Prayer-When I was in the youth group, my youth minister would ask us to pray for his Dad to accept Jesus as His personal Lord and Savior. I am happy to report that this Sunday, 15 years later God answered that prayer. I am blessed because we all have those people we pray to accept Christ. This reminds me to never give up!!

13. I am blessed because I am alive and healthy. To me that is the greatest gift of all.


Thank you for allowing me to count my blessings!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great TT Susan. I will get Mama Denton's recipe when I go home in two weeks. I know I have it somewhere but have not been able to find it. Sorry about the delay but I will get it. Good luck with the study and reading this weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful TT to write about for this week. It's always great to be counting our blessings. You are indeed truly blessed!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Thats a great list.You are blessed and seem to be moved by true love..how awesome

Mama Duck said...

Sounds like all kinds of fun!

Norma said...

I think I'll put that answer to prayer on my church blog. Awesome.

My TT is up. Stop by.

Collecting My Thoughts.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Very inspirational. Reminds me to count my blessings...

Anonymous said...

I love the feeling of a postponed test. It's nice to have extra cramming time. And I'm glad to hear that you found a doctor you like. That can be SUCH a blessing especially when it comes to the journey of starting a family!!