Monday, October 23, 2006

When the Rubber Meets the Road.

Let's talk about FAITH.
What happens when we face trials in our life? How do we respond?
This last week I asked myself this question, "Where does my FAITH come in?"
Many people in my life are facing some serious trials in their life that require FAITH.
  • loss of a job, not sure what will happen next
  • financial difficulty that has caused one to make some drastic changes in their life
  • loss of a child
  • a marriage on the outs because you just can't seem to meet in the middle on certain issues
  • a friend who you have been praying for to come to the Lord-just can't seem to take that final step

These are all actual events of people in my life. These are actual prayer requests that my husband and I are praying over the last few days. We came up with the following regarding FAITH.

You go to church. You learn about God. You learn the simple truths, God is a God who cares. God is a God who provides. God knows what our future holds and sometimes causes us to go through things to help us grow. You memorize verses to store away. You read your bible daily, weekly or maybe every once in awhile. But still, you know your Bible is there. You talk to others about what it means to walk by FAITH. You write devotionals and lessons about FAITH. But what happens when tragedy strikes....

This is where the rubber meets the road. These are the moments that define us as a Christian. These are the moments that we either see God as a loving God or we see God as a God who does not care about our needs. It is our choice how we respond.

Do we walk by FAITH, taking one step at a time? Or do you turn and run?

Joshua 24:15 says:

"15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” (emphasis mine)

CHOOSE TODAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE!

Regardless of loss of a job, major changes that we have to face, loss of a child, marriage on the outs, others not coming to Christ. You have a choice and it begins by asking yourself this question. Will I trust God when it comes time for the rubber tomeet the road?

MY PRAYER TODAY

Lord, I come on bended knee asking that you interceed in each and everyone's life that you have laid on my heart. I hurt for Carla today and I pray that you comfort her. I pray for Canon's grandmother and his brother and sister and cousins who are mourning this loss. I pray that this be a defining moment in their walk with you. Lead them to quiet streams to find rest in this trial. Bless them Lord with peace. Hold them and draw them near as they cry out in pain. Forgive them Lord when they ask you why you had to let this happen. Show them your plan-ease their pain. Bring healing to them as they close this chapter of their life. This is a hard one to deal with Lord. We still are asking why but we are holding on tightly to your promise that you have plans for us. Plans that give us hope and a future. One that won't bring harm.

Lord, I pray for my family. Who seems to be facing many trials this week. Lord show them that you are the God who provides. Show them that you are there and that you will never leave them nor forsake them. Bless you Father, for taking all these concerns I listed above and handling it. I lay it at your feet. I give them all to you. And today and this day forward, I choose you! In good times and bad-I choose you.

In Jesus Name-Amen!

No comments: