I had ordered the pictures, packed the scrapbook bag and headed my way over to Recollections, the local scrapbook store in my neighborhood. Avid scrapbookers can understand the giddiness you feel as a night full of 6 hours of scrapbooking and girl talk goes from planning to reality. To say I needed a break from life in itself would be a slight understatement.
After lugging half of my goodies inside the door I walked backed to the back to check in. Here is where the story gets interesting, confusing and absolutely infuriating! My name with my sister in law, Amy's name was no where on the list. In fact, they told us we had not booked a crop for tonight. "Yes I did," I say growing less giddy and more mad by the minute while I pull out my purse to find my receipt. (Side note: this is the 3rd time this has happened to me!)
The new girl, one I had never seen before, went and got the manager to intercede. I think she got scared once she saw the steam coming out of my ears.
The manager came back obivously ready for a fight.
"I'm sorry there is nothing I can do for you. You are not on the list tonight. Do you want me to give you your money back?"
Seriously this is what she said to me, the first words out of her mouth, no "I'm sorry" or "Let us see if we can come to a conclusion."
Me: "Well I would like to figure out what happened because this is the third time this has happened to me?"
Her: "How could this be the THIRD time?"
Me: "Not sure but this is not the first time this has happened to me."
Her: "Like I said, I am sorry there is nothing I can do tonight. I will give you your money back."
At this point my heart sank, literally. Now I am not one to cry at confrontations but tonight after looking forward to this night for a few days now-that is exactly what I did. I had little tears going down my face when she came back to have me sign my credit card receipt.
No words were said I just packed up my bags and left.
A few hours later....
I came home after a relaxing dinner with my sister in law. I went to the phone to call my husband, who is out of town, to relay the events to him. I had a message on my phone from RECOLLECTIONS. The manager called me to tell me she had figured out the problem. When I scheduled it they wrote my name on the wrong Saturday. Again, not the first time this has happened to me. She did apologize for her behavior-I wish you could of heard here. It was not pretty. But I told her that although I appreciate her apology I do not understand why it had to come to this in the first place.
A few of my other Recollection friends have also relayed to me their own horrible experiences there. I just think it is sad since I LOVE Recollections. I know one day I will go back but for now-I am staying away. A friend told me that if I would of yelled at her or threw a fit I probably would have never received a phone call. But since I kept my true feelings to myself but did show a little tear-that is why she called. I hope she will take this night to remember that sometimes your store does make a mistake and treat others like you would like to be treated.
After lugging half of my goodies inside the door I walked backed to the back to check in. Here is where the story gets interesting, confusing and absolutely infuriating! My name with my sister in law, Amy's name was no where on the list. In fact, they told us we had not booked a crop for tonight. "Yes I did," I say growing less giddy and more mad by the minute while I pull out my purse to find my receipt. (Side note: this is the 3rd time this has happened to me!)
The new girl, one I had never seen before, went and got the manager to intercede. I think she got scared once she saw the steam coming out of my ears.
The manager came back obivously ready for a fight.
"I'm sorry there is nothing I can do for you. You are not on the list tonight. Do you want me to give you your money back?"
Seriously this is what she said to me, the first words out of her mouth, no "I'm sorry" or "Let us see if we can come to a conclusion."
Me: "Well I would like to figure out what happened because this is the third time this has happened to me?"
Her: "How could this be the THIRD time?"
Me: "Not sure but this is not the first time this has happened to me."
Her: "Like I said, I am sorry there is nothing I can do tonight. I will give you your money back."
At this point my heart sank, literally. Now I am not one to cry at confrontations but tonight after looking forward to this night for a few days now-that is exactly what I did. I had little tears going down my face when she came back to have me sign my credit card receipt.
No words were said I just packed up my bags and left.
A few hours later....
I came home after a relaxing dinner with my sister in law. I went to the phone to call my husband, who is out of town, to relay the events to him. I had a message on my phone from RECOLLECTIONS. The manager called me to tell me she had figured out the problem. When I scheduled it they wrote my name on the wrong Saturday. Again, not the first time this has happened to me. She did apologize for her behavior-I wish you could of heard here. It was not pretty. But I told her that although I appreciate her apology I do not understand why it had to come to this in the first place.
A few of my other Recollection friends have also relayed to me their own horrible experiences there. I just think it is sad since I LOVE Recollections. I know one day I will go back but for now-I am staying away. A friend told me that if I would of yelled at her or threw a fit I probably would have never received a phone call. But since I kept my true feelings to myself but did show a little tear-that is why she called. I hope she will take this night to remember that sometimes your store does make a mistake and treat others like you would like to be treated.
3 comments:
Your experience sounds a lot like my love-hate relationship with American Airlines.
They love to take my money and hate it when I tell them when they've made a mistake.
Since they are the only airline that flys from DFW to San Angelo - I have to take it on the chin . . . which I do on an unfortunate regular basis.
If they would only leave a message on MY voice mail!
Hope you find a new scrapping home!
W
I am sorry that happened to you, I know how much a night out means!!! I am proud you did not yell, what purpose would that have served? And you are right they do not deserve your business if that is how they treat their customers. That is a pet peeve of mine. ((hugs))
I'm having fun getting caught up on your blog, sweet Susan. I can really say I felt your PAIN when you detailed your last visit to Recollections. I, too, love that place - have never been wronged like you, but I can sure imagine the frustration - and always go for girls nights out with a skp to my step because it has been planned and anticipated for a long time! Man! What a bummer. Feeling you pain -
kendra
Post a Comment