Friday, November 10, 2006

Celebrating My 100th post!

I hear that when you reach your 100th post you are to write 100 things about yourself. I still can't believe I have hit the BIG 1-0-0! Wow! So with much ado about nothing here it goes...

1. My name is Susan.
2. If I was born a boy my name would have been Bomber.
3. My brother's name is Gunnar-I guess my parents thought they would be funny naming the next son Bomber.
4. Thank God I was a GIRL!
5. We have no children but we have a name for our son.
6. His name will be Duke (something-no middle name yet).
7. Some of our family members are hoping we have all girls since they don't like the name Duke. I didn't like Duke at first either. But it is the most animated I have seen Jeff over any name so it will stay
8. But others like to tease and I am fine with that...for now.
9. When we do find out I am pregnant all jokes about the name Duke must stop! It is my job to protect my baby and I will fight you if I must. I'm not scared to whoop your @$%!
10. Just remember-I could name him Bomber.
11. But for now we are the cool Aunt and Uncle. We have 3 nieces and one nephew. These kids frequent the blog world often since they are a huge part of our life. And they do funny things.
12. I am finishing my degree-I FINALLY went back. I fell a little behind. But I am finishing it-that's all that matters.I just don't have many friends in college this go round. They see me as the old lady who does her homework and comes to class sober.
13. I didn't care if I got bad grades the first time I went to school-but this go round, I don't like to settle for less than a B.
14. I still don't know if I will finish. I am taking it one semester at a time. God will lead the way.
15. My husband is my best friend. I met him while I was working at Chili's.
16. He didn't like me the first time we met. He thought I was a "female dog". He soon realized that person he first met was not the real me.
17. How we ended up married is an example that God works in mysterious ways.
18. The song "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts describes our relationship to a tee.
19. We were both mending broken hearts when we first met.
20. God blessed our broken road.
21. We married March 8, 2003.
22. The same day my cousin Clay and Maurine married.
23. Clay and Maurine just welcomed their first child, Avery Maurine.
24. Jeff would like to name our daughter Avery too.
25. I like the name but now with Clay and Maurine's first child being named Avery, well I just don't know.
26. We will see what happens-Clay and Maurine, this could be another one of our similarities one day.
27. Back to the wedding...if we only knew then what we know now.
28. I guarantee we would still be married it's just things would of been different.
29. More like-we would have eloped and called it a day.
30. We still live in the apartment that I moved into when Jeff and I were dating.
31. It's next door to my mom. It is a coincidence-the only apartment available at the time and I needed to move from my old apartment. It was too far from everyone.
32. Jeff will tell you that my mom is the best neighbor since she is never home.
33. What he doesn't know is that she stops by when he goes to work.
34. He works nights-this works out nicely for my mom and I to chat.
35. But she doesn't come by that much: She is never home.
36. Jeff and my mom have a running joke that our new house will be equipped with a mother-in-law's suite.
37. He says he will charge rent but give her a discount if she becomes the "on call babysitter" for our kids.
38. Which our kids are still in heaven.
39. A lady once asked me at a scrapbook retreat-what I did with my kids for the weekend. I said, "They are in heaven so I didn't have to find a babysitter." She turned white as a ghost. My BFS (best friend sometimes) Alison quickly explained that is my way of saying we don't have kids.
40. The lady thought I was strange-but per the quirky factor.com I am only 33% weird.
41. I work out of my home for Ashley Furniture.
42. Our little living room is my office.
43. Jeff and I both can't wait to have a separate room for all of my junk.
44. Ashley Furniture is big on catalogs.
45. My living room is covered with Ashley catalog pictures.
46. I love the job-just hate the stuff that invades my living room.
47. Jeff and I are looking to move in the spring.
48. I will be sad when we move.
49. Lots of memories have been made here.
50. I won't miss my upstairs neighbors. They like to play Spanish music really loud.
51. Bum, bum. Bum, Bum goes the beat.
52. Not to mention they own a squeaky bed. I am surprised they have yet to have kids with the amount of squeaking that takes place. Enough said.
53. I found out this week her name is Sarah when UPS mistook my apartment for hers.
54. Sarah now says hi to me.
55. She is not as evil as I thought-she just is very "active.”
56. I recently told Jeff that he could pick our new house.
57. I told him to cut it down to his Top 5 then I will go looking
58. That way I don’t have to have my heart broken each time we look at a house.
59. Trust me! He will look more than I would want to and it will be hard for me to pick just one.
60. He will also pick a good house-he has GREAT taste.
61. I believe this will make both of our lives easier.
62. We may be homeless come April 30th but I will still let him find a house.
63. When we bought our car-2 years ago, the plan was for it to be a Christmas surprise for me.
64. He looked but never committed until Memorial Day weekend. Almost 6 moths later.
65. So you see why I am choosing to let him pick the Top 5
66. ….the whole process will take awhile.
67.I always wonder what lesson I am supposed to be learning during this whole waiting period in my life.
68.But then I remember that once kids and a house come we will have less time to goof off-so I enjoy the wait!
69.I hate waiting in long lines though.
70.In fact, this year I am buying most of my Christmas Presents online or early.
71.By doing this I hope to beat the crowds-I don’t like crowds too much.
72.I do like people and being around people but not in a crowd. It freaks me out.
73.Especially at the mall surrounded by all the kids with their pants way too low. Why do people do such things? It is so not cool!
74.Speaking of cool, my favorite time of year is coming soon…winter.
75.My Birthday is in February-and I was born on a day that had a horrible freeze.
76.I think that is why I prefer the cooler weather over the hot summers.
77.And I live in Texas so summers are mega-hot.
78.I also don’t like to be hot while I am sleeping. I like it cold-very cold.
79.We have yet to turn on the heater-haven’t really needed to but last week it was cold one night and I just grabbed another blanket. I wanted to save money.
80.I am a frugal person. I like nice things but I don’t like paying full price.
81.Some people call me cheap-that’s okay since they are not the ones paying our bills
82.I am paying my way through school. This time without taking out any loans.
83.I just paid off my final school loan a few months back for a degree in which I have yet to get, I really don’t want more loans adding up.
84.I either take one class or two just depends on how I feel when I register for classes.
85.I may never finish my degree at this rate but again no big deal.
86.I choose to take one day at a time and not sweat it.
87.Another factor that plays into my class schedule is the amount of vacations Jeff and I have planned.
88.We love to travel.
89.When we got married, we decided to we hit 50 states in 50 years.
90.We are on the fast track; we have hit 19 states in 4 years.
91.In fact on our trip to Washington DC-was the first time we set up a blog. We realized that we had some funny stories happening and we couldn’t wait to get home to share.
92.Our favorite was the story of the Amish. They were a quaint little family. A true joy for me.
93.We started a road trip blog this past summer but that is mainly pictures.
94.Blessed Assurances was born out of a daily devotional I used to write and realized it was time for me to go bigger when my email said I could no longer send out mass emails.
95.Some people from my daily devotionals still check in here.
96.For those I am thankful.
97.For the new friends I have made in the last 100 posts, I would like to say thank you for hanging around.
98.I hope you have been inspired.
99.Who knows what the future holds for this blog.
100.But one thing is for sure-I know who holds the future and that is my loving most gracious Heavenly Father. Thank you Lord for carrying me through good times and bad.

4 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats on making your 100 posts!!! :) I loved your list of 100 things about you.

Thanks for linking on my ”Hooray for 100” link exchange! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on hitting 100. It was fun to read the 100 things. Good job on getting all that posted. Thanks for sharing.

Chaotic Mom said...

Woo hoo! You did it! I know you were working on that list. I can't even imagine what I'd say if I had to come up with a personal 100 list.

WHAT? Charge her rent? No WAY! ;)

Maurine said...

I love your list! It was so fun to read... And I feel sort of special that Clay, Avery and I made the list. Avery is a great name; you should use it if you like it! :)