Monday, January 22, 2007

Oh Yes I Did!


You see that girl in the blue with the Sally Jessie Raphael glasses on...that's me!

And you see that contraption in my hands...that's a chicken.

Oh yes that's right, I plucked and gutted a chicken and loved every minute during my days at Camp Deer Run.

Sadly they don't do this anymore so my nieces miss out on all the fun.

I also wore big red glasses back in the day. We call this my awkward phase.

My mom says, "I think you were adorable!"

But aren't moms supposed to say that!?!?

Thank you Cousin Gay for the walk down memory lane-this was such a fun thing to recieve in my mail box!

Oh and Rachel, that boy in the background with a green shirt and big ear is your husband-Clint!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Dang - he's a hottie! And you're looking pretty fine yourself, Susan!

Barb said...

Cute photo of you. But the subject matter? Blech! No way. There's just no way in the world I could ever eat chicken again. :-)

Kimmy said...

Too cute! I was thinking you look like Sarah Jessica Parker back in the "Square Pegs" Days... do you remember that show or are you too young????
Spittin' image of Sarah Jessica Parker... same glasses and everything.

*Kendra* said...

I'm glad I got in on the last years of chicken gutting---too bad I wasn't yalls friend back then....why did we think it was okay to wear glasses that looked like that???

Jodi said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC! Man, those were the days, huh?? Loved the chickens. Still lovin' the glasses. :)