Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Update...

I started off my Saturday morning reading all of your blogs. I left a comment on Julie's blog telling her I would join in her question fun and I never have had a chance to post those questions. What started as a relaxing weekend ended up a little hectic.

I am going to cut to the chase...

Jeff's grandmother is in the hospital. She was complaining of chest pains. The doctor's think it is related to a huge gallstone they found during her cat scan. The other thing is she has blocking in her arteries but does not have any heart damage so they will not have to do any major heart surgery but will probably have to do angioplasty. (Spelling??)

Today she is having her gallbladder taken out and later the doctors will decide if she is well enough to handle the heart thing.

Please pray for Maude. She is not a believer but she is showing signs of questioning and wanting to know about different things she has been reading in her Bible. She told me yesterday she wanted to learn more and wished she had a good bible study to attend. I have been praying that God would open the door for she and I to do a bible study together. I think I have my answer. Now I pray that God would give us opportunity to be together one-on-one. I know God is moving-I pray that if I am supposed to be a instrument here that He would lead the way and give her an open heart.

So that is where we were all weekend. Please keep Jeff and I in your prayers as we continue to move ahead in all areas of our lives. God is doing great things in our home and in the lives of our loved ones. So for that we say, "Thank you Lord for doing all that you have promised to do."

2 comments:

Barb said...

Several years ago Rob had a gallbladder attack and I called an ambulance because I thought he was having a heart attack. Gallbladder attack symptoms are exactly like heart attack symptoms. So he had his gallbladder removed. Amazingly, two weeks later exactly the same thing happened with his mother and again, I called an ambulance because I thought she was having a heart attack. Very scary.

I'll keep Maude in my prayers. It sounds like God has plans to use you. How wonderful!

Beck Boys said...

we will add her to our prayer list. Keep us updated.