Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!


"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalms 118:24


Lord, thank you for my life. May it bless others as I seek to serve you. Lord thank you for your faithfulness-thank you for being the one constant in an ever changing world. Thank you for loving me when I was unlovable and humbling me when I thought I deserved more love. Lord thank you for my friends and family. You have blessed me with some amazing people. Thank you for Jeff-who inspires me, exasperates me and loves me warts and all. Lord, I do not worry about the future because I know you are in the future. I do not worry about the path you have set before me because I know that you have already gone ahead and paved the way for us. Lord I pray that you continue to challenge me, continue to show me ways that could be more like you. I pray that you take each day and make it your day. Fill me with faith that is steadfast , fill me with joy that overflows and fill me with the peace that passes all understanding so I can serve you fully in the moment-not looking ahead to the next thing.
Heavenly Father, I adore you and praise you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do with my life.

In Jesus Name Amen!



(PS: While writing this post-I got interrupted by the phone. My sweet nieces, Faith and Katelyn sang Happy Birthday to me over the phone. They have the sweetest, most angelic voices. And again I ask you, "Could life get any sweeter?")

10 comments:

Sharon Bardwell said...

Happy Birthday Fort Worth girl! Hurst here!

Hope our Loving Lord showers you will His blessings all day long!

Lori said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday God bless you, Happy Birthday to you. (believe me this is better, you don't want to hear my singing voice =)

Have a great day.

Beck Boys said...

Happy Birthday Susan. Hope you have a wonderful day!

twiga92 said...

Awww! Happy Birthday!

Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday from the Macchio gang... Kim, Danny, Hudson and Emma!

Jodi said...

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I too am thankful for your life... and thankful that I am in it! LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday huhhhhh Happy Birthday huhhhhh Pain and misery in the air, people dying everywhere, but happy birthday huhhhhh Happy Birthday!! I thought you deserved this birthday song. I know what it feels like to have a non summer birthday and never get this sung. I love ya girl!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you were born. I love Sarah's post - I don't have a summer birthday either, so no one has ever sung that to me.

Kendra said...

What a cute picture of you with you cakes!! So, do you get more cakes the older you get in your family? I celebrate my birthday longer the older I get . . you know, add a day of a good excuse to EAT my cake, do things just for me, celebrate life . .whatever! he! Happy birthday, sweet friend. I'm proud of you and so blessed by the wisdom of the Lord shining through you. He is good, and you make Him look good! Glory!