
I feel like the Roadrunner on the Looney Tune Cartoons the last few days. To say it has been busy would be the understatement of the year.
First off, I have tons o'work to do. No big deal-but it came out of the blue and so I am racing to play catch up. On Friday, I was driving all over DFW to the different Ashley stores for work -making sure the showroom was in tip top shape for the President of the company to come in for a visit. Jeff told me to keep an eye on the weather and come home if the clouds got dark, no matter what, no excuses. Thankfully I was home before the tornado and hail storm came to our area. Our apartment was 5 miles from the tornado that touched down in our area. Jeff asked me to try to see if I could find covered parking while he got dressed for Cousin Brandy's since the hail was coming down. This is what happened to the window while I was sitting in the back....
After the storm, almost every tenant in the complex was out assessing the damage and or covering up the big gaping holes in their windshields. I thought this would be the perfect time to meet the neighbors by seeing if they wanted to sign a petition for covered parking. Jeff told me to hold off until we covered all the windows since it was still pouring down rain. My car is in the shop for the next 3 weeks and I won't depress you with the estimate we received today. Thank God for full coverage on all three of our cars. (Yes, three one was for sale but now it is totaled!)
And if you would like, please pray for us-we are at our wits end. I am listening to Nancy Leigh Demoss this week and it is talking about "Dealing with the Deserts." God spoke to me today by reminding me that I need not be surprised by all of this, but to trust Him as He uses these moments to teach us a valuable lesson. I will tell you the "lesson" as soon as it is revealed to me.
And the wedding was beautiful. Not much to say about that except I am so happy for Tim and Brandy. When she started dating Tim, I started praying. I told her that I would pray everyday until she said I do. She does not know this yet, but I was able to pray at the chapel door, pray in the chapel and pray at the reception hall that day and what a joy it was to do this in honor of my friend and cousin-in-law. I hope they are having a fun time on their honeymoon and I can't wait to do "couple" things with them. Especially since we are both married without babies. Fun times ahead, fun times ahead!!
Alright, I am out of here. And yes, if you have read Barb's blog it is true, I am taking a book for her when I meet Paula Deen in a few weeks. I will blog all about it and take pictures with my family and hopefully my new best friend, Paula. Some of my friends may be saying, "WHAT?!?!? PAULA! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" Well friends, I will, I promise, I am just really, really busy!
Oh and Mom, don't let me forget Barb's book-you know how i can get scattered brained and remind me to leave early so we won't have to wait too long to get autographs. And thanks to C.P for giving me this wonderful opportunity.
PEACE OUT DEAR FRIENDS! PEACE OUT!
10 comments:
YOU GET TO MEET PAULA~! I just found out yesterday she was coming to town! I cook from her book at least 2 times a week. Tonight was beefy macaroni and cheese! We were in Wal-Mart the other day and her show was on those large tvs hanging from the ceiling, Parker said," LOOk mamma, its girl you like, Paula." YEP! I love her, from my blog to yours!!!
I am so sorry about your car, that looks awful!! I too have been listening that Desert series, it is very good and convicting.
I am praying for you girl!
Susan, I am so so so sorry for the car damage! Man, it seems like when it rains it pours (sorry for the pun :) But I also wanted to say that I think one thing that God has really been laying on my heart lately is that all the "junk" we've been dealing with here in our lives' is not His fault. You see I had gotten into the very bad habit of blaming God for all the "junk" in our lives' when the reality is that we live in a fallen world, doesn't make the pain of bad things any less, but it allows me to continue relationship with God Almighty. As opposed to putting up a big wall between He and I as I blamed him for all the bad things happening. I don't know where we all stand on the idea of why bad things happen, but I pray that God gives you the strength to endure, and the wisdom to have peace that even if you don't get to see the lesson or reason for why things happen, that you trust Him, because He is still God and He is always good! Sorry for the ranting, it's a little fresh on my heart :)
Please don't think I am some weird freaky blog-stalker person, but I clicked over here from Chelsea's Morning to read about the Paula Deen book. (I don't think I've ever commented over there)ANYWAY - I was scrolling through your blog and discover that I have been visited your church for about a month.
HOW SMALL WORLD IS THAT?
(and I just wanted to tell you hi!)
Gasp! You did NOT just say you might forget to take my book for Paula to sign! LOL
I did something I've never ever done for the first time this morning - I watched The View - because Paula was on it. She's wonderful and you are lucky, lucky.
(I don't ever watch The View because of a certain person on it who shall remain unnamed but her first name starts with R and her last name starts with O.) :-)
You guys really got blasted. Your poor cars. I followed that storm on Fox News because my niece Sarah lives there. My word, it was the scariest looking weather I've seen in ages. I'm glad you all escaped with only car damage.
My book isn't in the mail yet - it will go out tomorrow. You know. The book you will NOT forget to take with you, right? LOL
Hey Susan, I was messing around on your links of sweet friends (which by the way thank you so much for including me on! I feel super honored). But for some reason when I click on my name two http// thingys pop up on the address and it won't go to our blog, kinda weird, anyway just wanted to let you know :) So in all that free time you have, you just get right on that okay :) (seriously joking, are you hearing it?)
Hey why is your sister in-love just finding out you are going to see Paula? When,Where,How?!! I am jealous!! What are ya'll doing with the car tonight during the storm? Do you guys have a rental or something? I'll call you!
Well, obviously I'm a horrible cook or something because I've never heard of this Paula woman. Am I just way behind? I look forward to reading all about your adventure! Icky storm damage - were you in the back of the CAR when the windows were smashed in?? Crazy!
Bless Your Heart! I guess the old saying "when it rains, it pours" is not really so cliche in your case. Hang in there. I think sometimes the lesson in times like these is that it is ALL temporal - that we need to just quit DOING for a few minutes and just BE with Him. I only know this because I am STILL working on it myself. Blessing to you.
I will be praying for you! Your poor car! OUCH, it sure took a hit!
Post a Comment