Friday, May 11, 2007

Cousin Time

I went to the hospital to see Cousin Kanyon and his Mom Jaymie today. Kanyon is doing well after his little heart surgery to fix his valve and he will have another procedure on Monday. Please keep in touch with them via Jaymie's blog-she explains it much better than I could.


And thank you for continuing to pray for them.

"Grandma Gay, Mama Gay, Pookie, Gay Gay" or whatever her name will be when she decides on the grandma name took my camera back to Kanyon's room so I could have my very own pics. Plus I have to share with Granny, who is not a friend of the Internet, although she does have an email address. Now isn't that strange? Email yet no computer knowledge. "How's that working for you Granny!" Anywhoo-here are some pics of the Grand Kanyon!



Oh and I saw a diaper of his up close and personal, in fact, my mom was able to take one home with her. It fits in the palm of my hand. I plan to take a picture with Elijah's and Kanyon's side by side. And yes, I will post the picture.



Here I am with Cousin Jaymie. Mom, remind me to give you lessons on how to use my camera especially the zoom.
And here are a few of the 1st cousins that I was able to break away long enough from the endless chatter to snatch this picture.


A sweet story from today: When I woke up all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around Jaymie and pray strength, endurance and peace over her. I knew that today would be the perfect time for that. When we (my mom and I) arrived to the hospital Jaymie was talking to a girl I have never seen before. Come to find out this girl's dad works with Kory and he has gone to the hospital in Longview to check on the family numerous times. In fact, he will often call Kory's cell phone and say, "Kanyon wanted me to tell you hello and he is doing fine." or "Kanyon just beat me at free throws." Because often times he visits when Jaymie and Kory are not even there.

So while they are in Dallas he called his daughter who lives in Dallas, to make a visit for him. So this girl who has never met Jaymie or Kory came to the hospital and spent some time getting to know Jaymie (Kory was in Longview) Before she left, she said, "I can't leave without praying over you because I am a praying sort of person." I thought to myself, we could be soul mates. Anyway, she prayed and it was beautiful and it was every word verbatim that I had been praying for Jaymie this last week. And I was able to wrap my arms around Jaymie as we circled up together and pray right then and there for my sweet cousins.

So today was a good day, a real good day. And I praise God for all that He is doing and going to do for Kanyon!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Praying for Kanyon!! (and Mom too)

daughteroftheking said...

AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME! Isn't God good! I wish I could have gone today with ya'll. What a inspiration Jaymie is through all this. We are praying for that sweet boy.

Kendra said...

That is so very sweet - glad you and Jaymie got to connect through all this. I can't wait to meet little Kanyon someday!

Barb said...

I just went back and read Kanyon's blog and saw the newborn photos, Susan. Oh my word, it's hard to even imaging babies that small. I'm trying to figure out why I didn't know about this but I just didn't. I'm so sorry about the baby they lost.

For as tiny as he is, Kanyon looks really good. He's in my prayers as is his mommy.