Monday, June 25, 2007

Look Who LOVES! CAMP! DEER! RUN!

Oh where do I begin this blog? I guess I will just come right out and say it..."Hayley won the Best Camper Award!" I could not be more proud of her. Uncle Jeff and I are always saying she is wonderful but this just goes to show that we aren't just being prejudice.

KrisAnn, her co-counselor told us the day that we visited that she is the sweetest camper ever! Well duh! I could of told you that! Then she proceeds to tell me one of the sweetest stories that proves she is the best. When they were walking back from out camping she and Krisann were laughing and talking. Then KrisAnn turns around to see that Hayley is no longer with her. Hayley had noticed a girl in her cabin walking alone so she went to hang out with her. And per Krisann this is not the only example of this. She was always looking for the person who was sitting by themselves or who didn't have much friends and being their friend. I don't know about you but that is the sweetest thing that I have ever heard.

Last night when Hayley told me about this award, I got tears in my eyes and hugged her real tight. I told her how proud I was of her over and over again. The light that shined in her eyes was so priceless to me. What a great boost of confidence for my sweet Hayley! And already at a early age she is treating people like Jesus treated others, caring about the individual rather than the social status or looks of that person. What a great lesson for us all!

Oh and Hayley and I spent a good quality of our time last night singing silly songs and Deer Run songs together. I just love being able to share my favorite place on earth with her. But as we were leaving, she said, "I am really glad that I got the best camper award and all but I would of really enjoyed getting the big feather for capturing Chiefy." To which I quickly assured her that as she grows bigger she will have more and more umph under her belt to tackle the Chiefy and save his wretched soul in the waters of Killi Creek!"


(Note to the Non-Deer Runners Out there: No real souls were lost while attending CDR, there maybe some saved but I guranteed NOT LOST. The above statement is a CDR thang that you just wouldn't understand until you were at camp. Trust me, Jeff and his family have tried but they sometimes get lost in the chatter of Hayley and I and our love for all things Deer Run...except the water slide...we hate the gigantic slip and slide!)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

That is really great! I guess Haley is Jeff's niece?? She sounds like a sweet girl. I went to CDR for several years in a row during high school and loved it. That's where I decided that Jerrod wasn't all that bad and maybe I should just date the boy! :)

Mayhem And Miracles said...

YAY, Hayley! Please tell her how very proud I am. I was the "new girl" A LOT when I grew up, and she may never know the special ministry she has in befriending the underdog. It's one of the most Jesus-like things you can do Hayley!!! Thank you for making your new friend feel cared for!

Pearson Family said...

Good ol' Deer RUN! We were just talking about holding sticks the other day in Sunday School with a Deerrunner who had just gotten back. Fun times.

Jodi said...

Hail Dear Ole Deer Run!

All I can say is YAY!! :)