My scanner is not working right so I can't load the old school Thanksgiving pictures. I will have to get Jeff to look at it some day soon.
Speaking of Jeff...Poor, poor Jeff, he has to work tomorrow night and when we get off work we head straight to Paris, TX. He will have no sleep. NONE! But he has not complained yet but I can see it in his eyes that he knows tomorrow is going to be a beating since he will have no sleep.
I guess I should say this year that I am most thankful for Jeff. Jeff who knows that spending time with my cousins, especially this year, is so important to me. Jeff who will be working and not resting tonight. Who would probably rather stay home and sleep than drive in a car and hang out all day. But who has told me time and time again that it's okay since it is my year to be with my family. He said, "What's Friday for anyway?" I don't think, in fact, I know I wouldn't be as gracious as he is if the tables were reversed.
Sigh.
"Dear Lord, I am so ready to see my sweet family. This year especially it will be good to have hugs and to laugh. Laughter is so sweet. Lord, I know that Jeff is making a huge sacrafice and I love him for it. Lord help me to be quiet to listen to his needs and to drive safely so he doesn't feel like he must keep one eye open while taking his nap. Thank you Lord for all you do. Thank you Lord for all you are going to do. Thank you Lord for a day where we can spend time with the ones we love, eat lots of good food and laugh. We love you Lord."
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know how that work stuff goes... Dan goes in tonight! Happy Thanksgiving my friend! ~ kim
Jeff was a trooper. Glad he could come. It was a great day!! So good to see you and all the "Bonner/Cagle" clan.
Love you!
Marianne
Susan, you probably don't remember me, but I love looking in on your blog from time to time. I especially loved this one since I could see my family in the ski pictures in the Spencer's kitchen, (we have the exact ones on our kitchen wall!), and my husband made the stained glass in the doors over Gay's desk. Made me feel right at home! Thanks for doing such a good job. I enjoy your blog!
Post a Comment