Early on in my life, my mom taught me to be grateful for the things that we did have and not focus on the things that we don't. Every Thanksgiving as we would drive to Paris, TX, my mom would fill up the time interrogating us on what we were thankful for that year. This time taught us that no matter what was going on in our lives we could always find at least one thing that we were grateful for.
This year, Jeff slept in the car and I was alone so I wasn't able to write out my list on the traditional spiral notebook with my ball roller pen. But I stored it away in my head and have just now carved out the time to put it in writing.
I am thankful for...
God-His grace and love that pours over me, I am grateful that He never gives up on you and me.
Jeff-his love, his laughter, his spiritual growth, his work ethic, oh, I just love him completely
my mom-who taught me to be grateful, who taught me not to sweat the small stuff and who prays for me daily
my dad- We have grown through many trials and have come out better in the end, I am grateful for our renewed friendship and that God has brought us back together
My brother- He is a deep thinker, loving, good natured and funny. He is also a great husband and a wonderful Daddy. It takes a special man to be called Daddy and his kids call him that all the time.
my sister-in-laws: I have always wanted sisters, I now have two and one more coming soon. God has blessed me with 3 women that I am family because of marriage but friends by choice.
my 3 nieces and nephew: they are always making me laugh with their inquisitive minds and curious actions. I love that each one of them loves the Lord. It is a blessing to watch them grow up
my job- working at home, getting holidays off, doing what I love, need I say more?
my cousins-Jeff told me the other day that it amazes me that 2nd generation cousins could be so close. I never even think of them as 2nd cousins. This year we have all connected because of the blog and our little warrior cousin Kanyon. I am so grateful for these (mostly women cousins) who are not only family but sweet friends as well.
my church-I am challenged every week with Scripture. We are blessed. I also am blessed to have the opportunity to serve in an area that I absolutely love.
my friends-the old and new friends. God always brings friendships into your life for every season of life. I thankfully have friendships that have been a part of my entire life. These friends know me better than I sometimes know myself and love me anyway. Praise God for that! and then my new friends that God has brought into my life over the last few years, these friends are fun and challenge me daily to be a better Christian, wife and friend.
contentment-I have grown to relish this season of my life. I am not trying to control the outcome but just take life one day at a time, enjoying the complete process. This comes only from God and to be able to tell you I am happy, truly happy is a blessing indeed.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have lots to be thankful for! We should all make lists like this to look at when we have our "poor me" moments! :)
We have so much to be thankful for! I love the old hymn, "Count your many blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done!"
Love you!
Marianne
Post a Comment