The Christmas Day started off as usual, Missy, my mom and I were cooking while we waited for all of our family to arrive.
Aunt Karen called and said that Granny was in the hospital she had a mild stroke.
We dropped everything and went to the hospital.
Dr. Sam and my mom went ahead of all of us because Sam wanted to make sure the doctors were doing all they could for Granny. He even viewed all the MRI and Cat Scan results before the doctors did. Praise God for Sam and his doctor abilities. You are a blessing, Sam.
I was beside myself for a little bit.
Jeff pulled me down close to him on the couch and said, "Relax, don't walk ahead of God and start freaking out on us."
Needless to say, I sucked it up pretty fast.
We all arrived at the hospital and Sam said, "Do not worry. I looked at the results and she looks very, very good."
I felt more at peace when I saw her in a few minutes. She really looked good.
Bonner (my grandfather) was her hero that day. As soon as she said she was feeling numb he gave her three baby asprins. If you don't know, Asprin is a blood thinner and is what doctors perscribe to older patients to prevent strokes. I gave him a big hug and told him how much I loved him after the nurse said, "Sir you did a very good thing."
She has spent today and will spend tomorrow getting tests run. They think she should be home by Friday.
My sweet Granny called me this afternoon to "chat" from her hospital bed and kept telling me that she is doing very well and the doctors are very nice. It felt like she was on some kind of retreat.
I will be at the hospital tomorrow with her.
She is at HEB room 515.
Family email me @ susangwen78atyahoo.com and I will send you the phone number to the hospital and all of our numbers too.
She is doing very well though.
And we praise God for His protection over her.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad to hear she's doing so well!
hey girl, I called you yesterday, but guess you were at the hospital. I am so glad she is doing better!
just catching up from the last couple of days, scary. I am glad to hear that things are going better. we will pray
Post a Comment