Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What is the Craziest Thing Given to You?


The Question of the Month is a new feature that I am introducing to my blog. The point of this is to have fun and interact with each other. So let us steer clear of questions and answers that tear each other down and or start wars in blogland. This is a peaceful, happy place after all.

This month's question comes from a memory of my sister in laws first Christmas with us.

(And yes Missy already gave me approval to post this.)

My Dad's mother (God rest her soul)was very hard to buy for and she was very opiniated about her gifts. My sweet sister really wanted to give her a nice gift her first Christmas with us. I thought she hit the nail on the head when she showed up with a nice Hickory Farm type sausage basket. I mean who wouldn't want one of these? We waited with gleeful anticipation for what Nana's reaction. I just knew that Missy had hit the nail on the head.

Nana's reaction went something like this, "Oh just what I needed for my indigestion?"

Missy, her newly married husband and new sister in law sat there mouths opened completley shocked. Now every time I pass the Hickory Farm stand at Christmas I chuckle to myself thinking back to that day. I felt horrible for Missy and if the truth be known, still feel bad for her.

We, who are married with in-laws can relate to Missy's predicament right? The first Christmas as a married couple is daunting enough the first time you head to the in-laws. You don't want to make a bad impression while not really knowing what to buy. Especially if you don't really know the in-laws that well like Missy did. It's not like we all lived close during that time.

And Missy for the record, you can always give me the gift of Hickory Farms basket any ole day.
I still think it was a good gift, a very good gift.

So this month's question can go two ways:

What is the craziest gift you have recieved? or What is the craziest reaction you have recieved for a gift given?

3 comments:

daughteroftheking said...

a used massager! Did I spell that right?! Anyhow yes, it was obviously used it was loose in the bag and the cord strait like it had been untied for years!! Not naming any names!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Oh, I forgot about that Missy!

Another one of your fun moments in our family

I am so glad you love Gunnar as much as you do! :) hee hee!

Tracy said...

a platter from Best Products. if anyone even knows what Best Products is...it's been closed for YEARS!!! i guess someone just found in up in their closet and thought "score! i'll give her this!".

my mom got an air compressor one year.

my dad got chips, hot sauce, and a canned ham!!!! haha!