Wednesday, January 02, 2008

i've been inspired

Picture From Becky Higgins Blog

It's no secret that I love to scrapbook. It is a simple thing that brings me much joy.

I have been trying to get all my pictures that I have had printed for sometime in an album.

So with that thought in mind, I am taking full advantage of Recollections going out of business sale. I took my box of pictures with me to pick out matching paper. I have gone every day this week (except today) to spend the last hours getting paper and embellishments galore. And if you haven't been yet, it's great but a little sad. The staff is not their bubbly self and that makes me want to reach out and hug them or write a letter to the powers that be and say, "Your stupid."



I am taking the next couple of nights to get my layouts organized and ready for my next big crop. Whenever that will be. But I was a Girl Scout and their motto is "Be Prepared."



I even made a spreadsheet today to write out all the pages that needed to be done.



one of my new favorite people is Becky Higgins. I have always liked her work but now it has gone from total obsession. I think it was a post recently where she said if she is not in the mood to scrapbook she is either reading or organizing some area of her house. HELLO! That is so me! Becky is my BFF! (Although she has no clue who I am)



But my new BFF Becky inspired me.



She does her albums chronologically instead of by big huge events. And as I was looking through some of my old albums tonight, I asked myself, "Why I am not doing this?" It totally makes sense and it seems like it would be so much more fun to have an album for each year.



so tomorrow, I am going to take pictures of my old albums and post them on EBAY some are in very good condition but they are just so uninspiring.



So for you fellow scrapbookers out there go check out Becky's Blog today.

I promise you will be inspired too.

Oh and here is a picture of the album that I bought at Recollections for chronological stuff. It is the Kiwi Color. And do you know that this Kiwi color has always been a favorite of mine.

It was the color of my bridesmaid dresses.
The color of our wedding album.
And the color that will one day be in our kitchen, when we have a house.
So this new album will fit it rather nicely, don't you think.

2 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I,too am sad about this Recollection decision...even going so far as almost raising my voice at an employee when she told me that the president of Michael's wanted to go in a different direction. I told her I knew exactly what direction that would be since I had been in Michaels the day before~ the direction of Martha Stewart! Money talks! I will miss my favorite store. I went and stocked up on some paper that I knew I needed. Is it still all 20%off, or is it more? I don't understand what you are putting on Ebay???

Kendra said...

You make me want to scrapboook, friend, and thanks for the tip about Recollections sale . . I'm pretty sad about that one. I loved going there - such a happy place, neat stuff, and right across the street from some of my favorite places (Rosa's, Kohl's, Starbucks . .)