Monday, April 21, 2008

The Weekend (4-19-08)


My weekend started with the opening of the NRH library. As you know, I am a huge library fan and the opening of this library has been on my calendar for many weeks now. Jeff just couldn't grasp that I actually wanted to attend the opening. And I kept telling him that nothing he said would talk me out of not going. I was being true to me today and went to the opening, by myself.





I had my camera with me, taking pictures of the library for my own blogging/scrap booking purposes when a lady from the city asked me to follow her. Turns out, she thought I was the official photographer and asked me to take a few pictures of Polly, the charter member of the library who is so special she has her own room in the library with her own plaque. I went along with the city lady and took all the pictures that she asked me to take. Later, I pulled the lady aside and explained to her that even though I love to take pictures, I am not the real photographer from the city. We had a great laugh and she said, "Well aren't you a doll for allowing me to boss you around." I told her I would have stopped her but since it was so crazy and rush, rush, rush that I should just snap away and explain myself later. Thankfully the pictures have already been sent to the correct person and I have been told if they are published they will send me a check in the mail. I don't care if I ever get paid, I just thought it was funny they thought I was a real deal photographer. That was the first adventure.


Later that day, Jeff and I headed to Downtown Fort Worth via the train. Sister in Law, Meredith's mother lives in Downtown and had invited us to spend the day with her. Jeff and I enjoyed walking around Main Street, laughing at some of the artsy people in the area and enjoying some of the exhibits. Sadly, it was too crowded for us to look at leisure. But it didn't stop us from having a good time.

The view from the train.






Jeff and me, cooling off under the trees while listening to the music.
Meredith and the hostess with the most-est, Lynn. Jeff and I call her MI2, (Mother In Law-2, since she has adopted us as her children!)

A close up of Jeff's shirt. This is what happens when you allow hubby to shop for his own clothes. It made me laugh and on the way back home, the drunks on the train kept saying "DUDE! That is the greatest shirt EVER!" And man, if you ride the train and bring the kids, then make sure you don't take the 10:30 p.m train...that is when all the freaks from around town come out of the woodwork. It was funny for us, since we have no kids but I was so glad that we didn't bring the nieces and nephew with us.

Tomorrow I will post about Meredith and my dancing partner from Saturday night. This guy deserves a post of his very own.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Susan, you are so funny :) You got up bright and early and went to the opening of your public library...and brought your camera!! ...I'm not making fun of you (ok, maybe just a little little bit), I just think it's cute how you are so passionate about that place! :) I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

...maybe I can borrow Jeff's shirt sometime :)

Mayhem And Miracles said...

That looked so fun. I totally get doing those things when hubby won't go! I find some new sucker to go with me to the Czchek festival every year. Once was enough for hubby; he just doesn't "get" chicken dancing with old people like I do. (Maybe I'M the nut in the nut in my family that Jeff's shirt refers to.) :0)

daughteroftheking said...

Love that shirt! And ofcourse we know he is not talking about our side of the family!?? Right??!
Hee Hee!! I know we all drive each other nuts. Thats what families do.

The McCarter Family said...

Again, you're making me laugh! I love reading your blog! You're so right about the train! We rode it just a few blocks when we went to the Bon Jovi concert and it is definitely SCARY!