Last night I spent the night with my grandparents. I was going over to hang out with them after Jeff left for work and hubs suggested I take my toothbrush and pj's so that I didn't feel like I had to rush home.
It was a nice surprise for my grandparents...who didn't kick me out even though Jeff teased that they might.
I knew I should have brought my camera b/c there were lots of funny moments I wished I would have captured.
Oh well I will store them in words here so that I can read them again one day.
1. Watching the Rangers do well then loose horribly to the Yankee's.
2. Hearing Granny call A-Rod's new fling a slut! Yes, she said "Slut." (If you don't know who I am talking about she sang Vogue, Cherish, Holiday)
3. Bonner declaring at 8 p.m that it was watermelon time and fixing us a big ole bowl to eat. I LOVE WATERMELON!
4. Bonner said a cuss word then quickly changed it to the child friendly term. So I told him I was now 30 I have heard those words before. Then Granny said, "We still don't want him to talk that way in front of the children." I guess I will always be a child to her. :)
5. Bonner went and restocked the candy jar when he heard I was coming to visit this week. He had my favorite, Reece's peanut butter cups piled high in that jar and insisted that 9 0'clock was candy time.
6. Going to bed in my "old room". Bonner offered to tuck me in but since I was not near ready for bed at 9:30 p.m, like he was, I told him I would be just fine tucking in myself this one time. He said, "Wake us if you need us, Ding-a-ling."
7. Waking up to the smell of coffee and sausage cooking. And finding that it wasn't Granny cooking but Bonner. Bonner even made biscuits and gravy and it was delicious. Who knew he could cook so well!
8. Bonner telling me, like he did in the old days, that he couldn't sleep last night because I was snoring too loud. And I responded like I did when I was little, "That snoring was not me it was YOU!"
We had so much fun last night that we decided to make this a regular event. There is something about the familiarity of spending the night with your favorite grandparents that makes me feel as if I was a kid again. And thankfully my husband works nights so I am free to spend the night with them as often as I like.
See how sweet life can be when you live in the present moment?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just so you know, this story brought tears to my eyes~
What a wonderful memory and I'm sure your g-parents will be talking about it ALL DAY!
How fun!! I always LOVED spending the night with my Granny and Poppie. They would SPOIL me...especially my Granny. She knew I liked fruit salad, so she'd make some if she knew I was coming over. She wouldn't let Poppie have any! :)
Enjoy these memory making moments with them. I'm glad you arent taking them for granted...moments like this won't always be available.
That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time. I am so jealous... in a good way. Good for you for doing that!! :)
Ahhhh Sus- Treasure every minute you have while they are in their own home. I too am jealous! I could spent the night with my grandmas but the only "candy time" we would have is the nightly can of Ensure that the nursing home makes everyone drink, and while it does come in chocolate, I don't think it would be the same...
Post a Comment