Monday, September 08, 2008

In My Neck Of the Woods.

I am getting my book list together for another Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted by Callapidder Days. Click here to find out the details and join too if you want. The more the merrier.


I am enjoying my computer free weekends but I did spend 30 minutes on Saturday checking email and reading a blog or two. I never realized how dependent I was to my computer until I gave it up two days a week. Saturday morning instead of reading through many blogs I finished my book. I think I enjoyed reading my book, curled up in my favorite chair, sipping on a cup of coffee more.
Which reminds me of another change in my schedule, I clean the house on Fridays so that I can spend Saturday and Sunday doing the things I love rather than housework.

The Charger game last night was sad. Two seconds left in the game and they loose it by a touch down. Two seconds. Sad.

Jeff and I have a rekindled our love for a good game of Spades. We have been playing it a lot with Matt and Meredith. Boys against girls. The girls always win yet this past Saturday it was a very close match. Meredith and I are going to have to step up our game. As we were driving home Saturday Jeff and I talked about how much we wanted to cherish this time with M&M before nephew Jacob comes to town. I know it has been a sweet time for all four of us.

Jeff and I went to look at a house on Saturday. Three words. way...too...small. We are still looking. Praise God for the fact that no fights have broke out with Jeff and I as we look for houses. Oh what a difference a year will make and lots and lots of prayer.


Have a happy Monday. I am off to get a presentation together for work and praying that the week not be as hectic as it may turn out to be. Oh well, I will take it all one step at a time.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh, the joys of looking for a house! Can be fun and not so fun at times!! Hope your eyes are open to see exactly what God has for you, my friend! And I like your list of "to-do's" - good things to do on a weekend. Blessings -

LlamaJ said...

I'm trying not to think about football after hearing that Tom Brady is out for the season. Yikes.
I feel priviledged to be one of the blogs you read this weekend. :) Thank you for the prayers. It was windy on the last day but no hurricane! And David was great for the whole flight back with me, despite not sleeping until the last 10 minutes of the last flight!