
"He has made everything beautiful in His time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11
I was reminded again of this verse this weekend during a conversation with my 8 year old niece, Hayley. Not too much longer until she and her parents will be settled up the road from Jeff and I. They are in the process of moving from California to Texas! I praise God for his provision in bringing them this far. But until thier house is built they are living in Austin with my brother in law. Poor Hayley is so ready to be close to everyone. She is a lot like me since she thrives when she is around family.
The girls of the family had gone out to eat lunch in celebration of Maudie's (Jeff's grandmother) birthday. We had such a good time. But then it was time to say goodbye. Hayley's big brown eyes misted over immediatley. She was not ready to say goodbye. "Why do I have to go back to Austin?" Amy, her mom, tried to assure her that it would only be for a short while, three more weeks in fact and she would be settled in her own home, here in Fort Worth.
As Hayley and I were walking out to the car, we held hands and talked about how fast three weeks would actually go by. I said to her, "God has made everything beautiful in it's time!" She looked up at me-processing what I just said and then smiled. "That's right, God does make everything beautiful in it's time!" We then began to discuss how she needed to just have a good three weeks in Austin and make sure that she spend as much time with her Uncle Matt. I can guarantee she is doing just that-since the last I talked to her she was going outside to look for frogs in Uncle Matt's backyard.
Often times we want to rush ahead of God's timing in our lives. But like this verse says, "God has made everything beautiful in His time." I don't want my life to be focused on what is coming up next. I want to focus on what I can do today. God calls us to take it one step at a time and not to worry about what lies ahead.
Have a great day!
God bless-
Susan Young
No comments:
Post a Comment