
Happy Birthday Jeff!
So we started a new tradition in our little family of two. You can celebrate your birthday 48 hours in advance if you so choose to...so that is what we did. Our hope is that when our children come down from Heaven that we will start this with them as well, maybe give some fun gift or allow them to pick the activities for 3 whole days. Since your birthday only comes once a year-why not make it special.
We started off with a small surprise party for Jeff with our friends. We went to Las Hacienda Ranch for dinner and then we went to bowl at Main Event. Our friends Todd and Holly and Brandy and Tim helped me surprise him. Poor Jeff was so cranky on the way over but it soon changed when he saw that I had put this little shin-dig together for him.
The next day, his actual birthday, we had a barbeque at his parents house. Jeff's niece Hayley and cousin Caroline organized our games for the party. Balloon toss, anyone? You have not lived unless you have seen the Cherry Clan (our family name) toss "balloons" (ziplock bags filled with water) back and forth. What a hoot!!
Thank you everyone for making this day special for my sweet husband! He has said many times today, "Thank you for my birthday!" So I know we did it right! Because like I always say, "Everyone needs to feel special on thier birthday!"
I love you Jeff!
Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment