
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will waters become a flood to destroy life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
Genesis 9:13-16
As we were driving home from our vacation on Sunday-I saw two rainbows on two different days. I was blessed. Long ago as I was driving to my first year at ACU-my mom and I saw a rainbow in the sky. As we were driving Mom reminded me of this verse and that God would keep his promises. Years later driving home from another road trip to New Orleans (summer before hurricane) Jeff and I saw a rainbow in the sky right after we had a close encounter with a car. The other car flipped in front of us on a two lane highway but Jeff and I made it through without a scratch or dent. I cried when I saw the rainbow in the sky. Oh and the people in the other car, although it flipped and landed upright,also walked away without a scratch. God protects us!
God does keep His promises. God will see us through every storm in life. God will walk beside us, will comfort us and will provide for us when life gets to be too much. God knew we would have those days that just plain suck. God knew that we would need to be reminded after the stroms of life that He is there. That is why each time I see a rainbow in the sky, I take a moment to praise God. Because I know that God will see me through whatever storm may come.
Jeff and I have just walked through the roughest season of our marriage but God has been faithful, He has seen us through. This past week when I saw the rainbows in the sky I was thankful for the reminder that God saw us through this strom in our life and He will see us through many more. I pray today for each of you who come across this post. May you see the rainbows and know that God will see you through whatever storms may come to you.
God Bless
Susan
4 comments:
ooh, how wonderful! i saw the picture and instantly relaxed a little, and then a little more when i read your post. thank you!
you know what you reminded me of? on Saturday on the drive back into town i did see a rainbow. I didn't really take the time to notice it like i usually would. Next time, I'll choose differently!
Beautiful, encouraging post -
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful weekend!
Good post. Good God.
Thank you, Father, for all your promises. Thank you for always keeping them even when we can't see it happening.
Denise
So glad I came across your blog today (through Boomama). I *really* needed to read this. Thanks for sharing. : )
Post a Comment