Soon we will be hitting the open road for the 3rd annual Young family vacation. We have bought the essential road trip paraphernalia and are ready to go.
Here is the TOP 10 Essentials to Cross Country Driving!
1. Books on Tape-figure for every 8 hours in the car you need 1 book. I rented 4. Make sure you get something that you and hubby will both enjoy. Mind you we have no kids at this point, so we listen to what we choose-no Veggie Tales or Barney on this trip.
2. Magazines-I just picked up the latest Martha Stewart Living-the special Decorating Issue and I CAN NOT WAIT TO READ THIS!
3. IPOD-We have his and hers so we trade off listening to his music and mine. Great thing is I like all kinds-hubby on the other hand is a Van Halen fan all the way-so Van is what you get on his turn.
4. Yummy Snack foods that won't melt in the car- I love Trail Mix bags because you have a little sweet and you have a little salty all mixed up into one. Cheese and PB crackers and apples. We are trying NOT to eat our weight in junk so no junk in my trunk this week!
5. Water and Caffeine-This way we do not have to spend $2 at the rest stop vending machine-instead we spend $4 to last us the whole trip.
6. Igloo-got to keep your stuff cool! It's so freakin hot!
7. Camera-You never know when you may see a Kodak moment-so you best have it charged and ready to go. Last year we pulled off at Bill Clinton's Boy Hood home and took a picture. Good thing the camera was charged!
8. Battery operated light for reading- I love to read, day or night and I just may want to skim some pages at night-so you need the light at night
9. Atlas-Hubby and I are known for taking the scenic route so we have to have the map just in case we get lost. I got lost going from Winnsboro to Paris, TX and this map saved my life-not to mention it was 3 in the morning by the time I got there!
10. Rental car-Why put 4800 miles on your car?! That's crazy!
And one to grow on... LAPTOP
Starting Tuesday We will only be updating the "Road Trip" Blog so tune in there until we get back-we will update it daily! Come along for the ride-we won't care!
No comments:
Post a Comment