Friday, August 11, 2006

Step Away from the Blog!!!

I am obsessed with this blog thing! I have had a great visit of sorts with old friends today, yet until they read their comments they will not know I was there. I have many, many friends from ACU that I have lost contact with over the years. Some of them I did not even know that they know go by the title, "Mom and Dad." But today I was able to see pictures of the babies and read the latest things that have taken place in the their little portion of the world over the last few years.

As I read, the classic song by Michael W Smith began playing in my head. "Friends are Friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them." I often get sad because of location or passage of time I am unable to catch up with these friends. But one day we will have a whole eternity to catch up with each other in Heaven.

But until then I will have to settle for surfing everyone's blog. If you stopped by because of the comments I left to you. Please leave your comment so I can know you came by to my neck of the woods.

Surprisingly this blog things reminds me of living in the dorms when we would go visit someone and leave a note on the dry erase board posted to their door. Thanks to my sweet Paige my dry erase board was the cutest on the block-with it's buttons clustered all over the frame!

2 comments:

boomama said...

I'm leaving you a comment. :-)

And yes, it is a little obsessive / addictive - but in a good way. Unless you quit cooking for your family or washing clothes altogether because you can't turn off the computer. Then it would be, you know, out of control. :-)

Pearson Family said...

Hey, how did I get so behind on your blog to NOT notice my shout out! I am glad you have such fond memories of your dry erase board. Oh, the memories. Blogs are addictive. I am beginning to limit myself to checking 2-3 times a day for updates. I know you can join that blogroll thing, and I have, but it is still much more fun checking on your own. I have been thinking about you and your storms. How you doing?