Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Things You Will Endure to Save A Buck!!

My husband and I are frugal people. We love to save on the bottom line. We would rather wait to watch a movie at the local dollar theatre than see it when it first comes out like everyone else. Why? We save $10 sometimes $12 dollars, if we go on 50 cent movie night.
But last night's adventure was a little too much for me. I should of known this was going to be bad when a little boy maybe 2 almost 3 standing in line in front of us is only wearing a tee-shirt and diaper. No shoes, no shorts. And he was walking around barefoot on the nasty parking lot! Plus it was a 10 o'clock p.m movie. Now I am not a parent but I ask you parents out there in blog land, shouldn't little kids that age be in BED!!

It gets better I promise you! As we are standing in line I realize the movie we are about to see (Davinci Code) is quite long so I better empty my bladder. The bathroom was disgusting! I almost called it quits right there as I skimmed to find one stall with a toilet flushed and minimal paper on the floor and other stuff that I will not subject you to!

So the movie starts and this small family walks in during the middle of the opening scene maybe even later than that, carrying in a one year old child. At this point it is probably 10:30 at night. The baby did not want to be there. SHE CRIED THE WHOLE TIME! Finally a lady sitting behind us says, "That's it! You can't watch a movie with a crying baby in the room!" And storms out of the theatre. In her quest to get up angrily her jacket gets caught on the seat and when she yanks it free, she hits poor hubby in the head! But thankfully she went and got the police (yes they are a must at the movie theater I am afraid!) and manager who did a walk through of the theatre. But the family left before they came in since I am sure they heard this lady as she stormed out of the theatre. Next time get a babysitter or rent the movie! Or go earlier when the baby is not ready for BED!

All in all the movie was not bad-of course we watched it knowing it was pure fiction and nothing else. If you have questions whether this movie is true or not-let me say it is NOT and if you need further proof-READ YOUR BIBLE!!

God Bless-
Susan!

3 comments:

Wade said...

Hey Susan,

I have to agree - positive movie karma is a must. With a baby on the way I am obviously all about everything baby - but a crying baby in the movie would send me over the edge as well!

I now have to turn down my parents when they ask us to go to a movie - it's too embarrassing when my Dad answers his cell during the movie and talks loud enough so that everyone can hear!

There's an infamous story about how he fell asleep while watching Gorillas in the Midst (Sigourney Weaver) and started snoring really loud - nobody in the theatre noticed because they thought they were hearing gorilla sound effects in surround sound!

As for DeVinci Code - I read the book and knew not to waste my money on the movie.

W

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

That is why we waited until it cost a buck! Because we did not want to waste too much money! It was good-if you go in knowing that it is pure entertainment. Glad you stopped by!

I forgot how precious your dad was...remember all the football watching we would do? Great times!

Heather Smith said...

I think all theaters should have mother's rooms, which are kind of like the nursery's at church where you can see everything going on, but the room is sound-proofed so you don't disturb everyone else! Of course, I also think that kids shouldn't be at 10pm movies. Actually kids below 5 or something aren't allowed in our theaters for movies other than G or PG rating I think past 7pm.
Have a good one!