Friday, September 22, 2006

Five Ingredient Friday-MY FIRST ONE!


Quick and Easy Casserole-A staple in our house-great to fix if you are too lazy to throw a gourmet meal together or just in a hurry to eat!
Brown 1 lb. ground meat (I substitute ground turkey) in a skillet
Add Small Amount of Chopped Onion
Add the following:
1 can Ranch Style Beans
1 can Franco American spaghetti (traditional kind, "franco" threw me for a loop)
1 can of tomatoes (any style)
Mix all ingredients together. It is ready to eat, or put in a casserole with grated cheese on top. Bake at 350 until cheese melts.
This is very easy-but oh so good!
P.S This was given to me as wedding gift from the elders wives of the church where I grew up. Some of you who also attended this church, may have the same recipe in your wedding book!
For more great tips, visit Overwhelmed with Joy's place

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Wonderful to have a simple and easy to make yummy recipe we can just whip up. How nice of the elders in your church! :)

Unknown said...

Another simple one for days it's hard to get dinner on the table. Thank you!

BlondeBrony said...

When it comes to cooking, I love the word easy.
Thanks.

Rae said...

Ranch style beans? I've never heard of that. I have to try this out! Thanks for sharing..and welcome to 5IF! =)

Miss Notesy said...

Sounds great! Do you think you could make this ahead of time and freeze it? A mom from my church just had her SECOND set of twins, the first set only being 18 MONTHS OLD!!! Isn't that crazy? No family in town either... She needs meals like crazy, and I need ideas. I live an hour away from her, but if I can freeze some, then that would work out much better.

Miss Notesy said...

(um, if you do have ideas, leave a comment on my blog because as soon as I close this window, I'll forget...)

Ms. Kathleen said...

Easy and something my son would eat. Hurrah!

Overwhelmed! said...

Welcome to Five Ingredient Friday! You couldn't have picked a nicer recipe to start with! I love casseroles and anything from a church elder has to be good. ;)

Thanks so much for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange. I hope to see you again there next week. :)

Michelle said...

My hubby loves spaghetti so I'm sure he's going to enjoy this one!

Anonymous said...

My kids love spaghetti so this will be something I have to make :) Sounds great :)