
Today is my Brother's 31st birthday! I thought what better way to honor his big day than to post my favorite picture from my wedding here on my blog.
Recently I was looking back over my prayer journals and his name is interwoven in my pages. Here are a few of my prayers over the years.
I prayed for him when he moved in with my Dad. I knew I was going to miss him but I didn't realize how much. Through this time, we developed a strong friendship that has helped us get through many of the storms we have faced through the years.
I prayed for him when he started dating his wife Missy. He would spend the night at our house after most dates. He and I would sit in my room for hours-he retelling me the date, I asking him the questions that most little sisters do. "Did you kiss her?" His answer was, "NO! Not yet!" I knew from the very start that she was the one for him. I am also thankful for him picking a wife that is not only a loving, nurturing wife and mother but a loving, nurturing sister-in-law and friend to me.
I prayed for him the first time he told me he was going to be a father. "Oh Lord, here we go!" He is now the father of three precious children. Faith, Katelyn and Elijah. I love watching him run and play with each of them. I also love watching him give that "You better cut that out look." to his children. I know that look very well because both us got that look from our Dad. I am still waiting for him to whistle to get there attention. Another direct thing from Dad, it didn't matter how loud it was we knew it when we heard it.
I prayed for him when he told me he was going to be leaving his job in Florida, moving to Texas and working full time as a financial minister. They call it, "Life Stewardship" minister. I prayed for him again when he got a job offer with the church he is at now. I struggled in prayer right alongside Gunnar and Missy. It was not an easy decision-yet I believe he has made the right one. Although I will never be able to call him "Pastor Gunnar." He is not Pastor to me! He is big brother and I know all his secrets. But I will never tell you them because most of them would get me in trouble as well.
Gunnar, I am proud of the godly husband, father, son, brother, pastor and friend you have turned out to be. I am thankful for the people that God brought into your life at just the right time to help you grow in wisdom and love for Jesus Christ. Keep setting the example for the people in your life. And know whatever phase we come to next, I will be praying for you!
I LOVE YOU!
Your bratty little sister, Susan
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Gunnar. What sweet words Susan. Thanks for sharing your special family times with us.
I loved this sweet tribute to your brother. I have one son, and its a blessing to me to see his sisters love him. You can tell how close you are, reading this.
Coming from a girl who also adores her big brother... i loved reading this! Happy Birthday Gunnar! Thank you for being such a pillar of strength to your little sister!
Post a Comment