
I don't know this family-have never spoken to them or seen them in my entire life. But my Heavenly Father does and He has laid this boy named Canon and his mom, Carla on my heart. I was reading Psalms 139 today in my quiet time. I was reminded that God knows me and this family intimatley.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you becasue I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
verse 13-14
I have come to realize that you do not have to know people or their circumstances to pray for them. God will intercede for us-when we are unable to wrap our mind around all that this family is going through. I have realized that our prayers do not have to be eloquent or long winded. They can be as simple as saying, "Lord please provide all that Carla needs. Heal Canon." You do not have to sit a certain way to get your prayers heard. You can walk down the street and say your prayers. You can be sitting in a lecture and say a quick prayer or sweating it out on a treadmill and say a prayer.
Prayers-simple or deep can be heard but the important thing is that we remember to pray. Take the time today during your normal routine to lift up a prayer for Canon and Carla.
From Carla's Blog:
If you are able to help Carla in any way (no donation is toosmall), please send a check or money order to:
Canon Norman Stephens Inc.111 Center StreetLittle Rock, AR 72201
Make sure to put this information on your check:"for account of Carla Norman -custodian of Canon Norman,Account # 41459887"
God Bless you all for praying and getting the word out there for us!
3 comments:
I will definitely be offering up prayers for Carla and Canon. You are right, you DON'T need to know people or their exact circumstances to pray for them.
Blessings to you for sharing this information on their behalf.
thank you for this post, and for caring enough to email to make sure i saw it! praying!
I just said a prayer for Carla and Canon. This blogosphere is loaded with some serious prayer warriors and God hears us.
Thanks for telling us about them.
Post a Comment