Friday, September 15, 2006

I Have Been Blessed

Yesterday, was one of those days! I did not want to be cranky but it was a struggle to stay pleasant. I knew it was Satan trying to attack my spirit since I had Bible Study that night. Doesn't it always seem that way? The nights that you have a planned "Divine Appointment with God" is the days that nothing seems to go right. But a few things happened to me yesterday that helped me refocus my mood from bad to joy!

1. My mom had a huge answer to prayer in her life. She had a job interview with a local church after months of praying that the Lord would deliver her from her current work situation. I was blessed because of her joy!

2. As I was frantically driving from errand to errand yesterday-"Blessed Assurance" came on the radio. Not only is the title of my blog but the my personal love song with my Heavenly Father. Also the title of my first bible study that is still in the works. I felt such a peace about me after singing along with this song. It is almost like God knew I needed an extra measure of His love-which He gave me in the gift of song.

3. The team I work with calls me yesterday and today letting me know how much they appreciate all my effort this week. It feels good to know that people in your work world acknowledge your hard work and appreciate YOU!

4. My friend on the way to Bible study had me pull into "Krispy Kreme" and purchased me a chocolate glazed donut and then AFTER bible study I decided I deserved a Sonic Cherry Limeade. She pulls out a coupon for a free Medium Cherry Limeade and says, "Here it's on me!" She is my new best friend!

5. A fellow Blogger, which I will admit, I hold in high esteem-posted for her Thirteen Things-13 scriptures. Each one of these scriptures was another way of God affirming to me that He is my Strength and Comfort in times of trouble. I have so much enjoyed her talking about her daughters and son. Her grandbabies, her painting projects and all the other wonderful words of wisdom she shares with us. She even offered to give me a hug yesterday on my comments. So thank you Blessed Beyond Measure for inspiring me to keep my head up and reach new heights.

If you have been blessed by a fellow blogger-please visit Christian Women online. It is a new thing they have started each Friday and I think a wonderful gift to give to a fellow blogger who has touched your life!


P.S. A song that has been running in my head since this morning is "I Have Been Blessed" by Martina McBride. I thought it ironic since this was the song I woke up singing!

Happy Friday!!!!

5 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

I am completely humbled that such a small thing I did blessed you. What a great lesson. We all have bad days, now and then, and I guess the lesson out of this is when we're having a good day, look around and bless someone who is struggling to make it through theirs. You so blessed me back. xoxoxo

Barb said...

My sister, Blessed Beyond Measure, is very good at blessing people. She blesses me every day. This is such a nice post.

Darlene Schacht said...

These are all wonderfull blessings, but #4 takes the cake. A free Cherry Limeade donut! Can I have your new best friend too? :)

Off to Blessed Beyond Measure's place!

Anonymous said...

God works His way into our hearts when we mostly need Him. He finds ways to communicate His love for us, even in the blogging world.
Praining Him with you...

BlondeBrony said...

Great lesson to look for the positives.
Thank you for sharing.