This Saturday marks our first time to keep all 3 of the Johnson kids. I am happy to report that Elijah did very well with us! We were afraid he would cry but that turned out not to be the case. In fact, he was all smiles!!
The night started off with Katy saying to Uncle Jeff, "Why are you fat?" I thought I was going to die laughing! Gunnar and Missy quickly exited the house because they didn't know what to say. No worries Jeff's feelings were NOT hurt. I realize I need to fill you in on why I was laughing so hard, I don't want you to think me heartless. The night before Jeff wanted me to walk on his back inorder to pop it. I have never been successful with this but he keeps asking anyway. I told him I didn't know why he thought this time would be any different. He says "Well, you have put on a few extra pounds!" So you see, when Katy said that-well I couldn't of been more proud! Paybacks always getcha!
Uncle Jeff and I have little traditions that we do with the girls when we keep them. We always make pizza and we always play beauty shop. Over the years, we have been covered with make-up, nail polish and had our hair pulled up with bows and clips. Uncle Jeff likes to act like he doesn't know what they are doing when they start putting on make-up. Which of course sends Faith and Katelyn into fits of laughter. Fortunatly since we were not at our house, we did not have thier make-up kit so we were safe.
One thing new though, Faith read to us a chapter out of "Little House in the Big Woods." These were my favorite books growing up. I still have them on my shelf and I have read them over and over again.
Jeff was full of questions! I think to see how long Faith would go without getting frustrated.
"Where are the resturants?"
"What did they do for food?"
"Who calls their dad Pa? That's a silly name!"
"What did they watch on television?"
Any question he could think of totally off course he would ask. At one point, Faith says, "Uncle Jeff, they did not have that stuff back then. Would you listen to the story now!"
Anyway, all in all it was a great night and the kids were sweet and honory as ever! Just like their Uncle Jeff and Aunt Susan (or Sue Sue as they call me!)
4 comments:
Susan,
Real cute and as they say “Out of the mouths of babes”. Judy
That's funny.
Gunnar
Sounds like a fun weekend! I can't imagine 3 kids at this point....send pictures my way soon!
So fun! Great memories!
Post a Comment