Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: September Wrap Up


Can you believe that September is two days from being gone? Time flies when you're having fun! So in honor of this month coming to a close-I have made a list of 13 things that took place in the Young household.

1. I went to the Dentist.
2. Pink Impact @ Gateway Church
A powerful time with God and the Chick from Down Under. Feel free to read my post about what God showed me during these few days here and here.
3. Pizza Friday-every Friday!
Jeff and I have a standing tradition with his family, affectionately called the Cherry Clan-which is his mom's and 2 aunts maiden name. They have been doing this way before I entered into the picture-even before Jeff entered into the picture-even before the sisters even married their husbands. Like I said it is a long standing tradition. If you live in Trophy Club-you are welcome to come hang out with us at Vinny's. We have our standard table and new faces always welcome.
4. Celebrated two pending births in two days.
Cousin Rachel and Cousin Maurine are expecting their first babies a week apart. They are sisters-in-law-married to brothers and friends of mine before they married into the family. It was fun getting the girls together to celebrate their impending births.
5. Charger Football-
They are 2-0 so far, our house is very proud of them. Keep up the great work guys!
6. 3 quizzes, 1 History Test-
I am in my second year of my going back to college. I feel like a fish out of water with me being almost 10 years older than my fellow classmates but I don't care really. I just want to get this college thing behind me. Funny side note: A girl asked if we needed to know the dates for the History test. It's history, of course you need to know the dates. IDIOT!
7. Haircut
I got my roots done and my hair trimmed. I am trying to grow out my hair so I can donate to "Locks of Love" It will take awhile since my hair is not even to my shoulders yet.
8. The New Season of Bible Study has begun.
I am doing a Women's Study on Titus 2 and Jeff and I are both doing 2 Samuel. Both are very interesting and convicting so far. I will keep you posted.
9. Went to Austin
We spent Labor Day with Jeff's brother Matt, the man who introduced us, at his house in Austin. We saw the bats at the Congress bridge and ate at my favorite dive, Chuy's!
10. Gunnar's Birthday
My brother celebrated his 31st birthday. It was a fun time and yes, Gunnar is his real name.
11. Kid Time
I have already written about it but we are still laughing from that night. Read the full story here.
12. Taught Sunday School
Jeff and I are on a monthly rotation to teach the 4-6 year olds. We always leave with stories that will carry us through the week. Our favorite student is Henry. He is full of mischief and love. This time it was more mischief than love. As we were playing on the playgroud-he climbed up on the little roof of this plastic house in the yard. Jeff pulled him off and then a few minutes later he was right back up there. During the lesson I was trying to get him to pay attention to the lesson, he didn't want to. In fact, he said "No way Teach!" Jeff and I laughed and let him keep it up. We have a lot to learn about parenting
13. Saving my favorite for last...Katy learning to ride her bike! My four year old niece is a star at church. I put together that video archiving her story-my brother bought the video from the website and has shared it with all the Gateway staff. Now people will walk up to her and say, "I saw you ride your bike!" And since she is shy-she ducks her head and hides behind my brother's leg. But don't let her fool you, she is loving the attention! She also had her first crash and now has a long scratch to prove she is a true cycler. She ran up to me Sunday night and says, "Look, I'm official!"

Click here if you want to see the video for the first time or watch it once again.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


3 comments:

Norma said...

Learning to ride a bike at 4. Wow.

Yes, hard to believe Sept. is almost over. It is my favorite month.

My TT is up on food triggers.

Happy Mama to Three said...

Sounds like a really busy month. It has been here too. But I am so looking forward to the holiday whirl this year. It's usually a little daunting for me. But this year I am getting in gear early.

Cindi
My TT is up and running

Anonymous said...

yeah for september..you guys were productive