Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WWFMW: Black Bean Salsa



Here is an appetizer that came from "Food that Says Welcome" by Barbara Smith, Michael W Smith's Mother

2 (10 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes w/ green chilies, drained
2 (11 oz) cans yellow sweet corn, drained
2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans, drained
1 red onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Fresh chopped cilantro
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Tortilla chips, to serve

Mix all ingredients and serve with chips
Serves 10-12

This is great for parties, football games, potluck or just to have around the house as a pre-dinner snack. Hope you enjoy!

For more great ideas visit Rocks in My Dryer-this week is a great one if you have children in school-check it out!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We call this Texas Caviar where I grew up. Yummy!

Rae said...

Ooo, Texas Caviar! I haven't had this since I was about 13 years old. Thanks for the recipe! =)

PastormacsAnn said...

Yummy! I love recipes on WFMW!

Thanks!

Sally said...

just browsed by from CWO, I am going to try this, it sounds perfect for my sons 21st!