Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend



As we were heading home from "Road Trip 2006" Jeff says, "Next weekend is Labor Day-want to go to Austin?" I didn't even have to think about it, "Yes! Let's go!" From that moment in the car, I started dreaming, thinking and my mouth was watering for one thing and one thing only...CHUY'S! I love this place! Yes, we have one in Dallas but it is not the same as being in Austin. We spent the early part of the evening at the "Bat Festival" in Austin, TX. For those of you outside the area, at dusk each night-millions of bats will fly out under Congress bridge. It's quite impressive really-you won't believe how many people came out to see the bats. Here is a picture so you can get an idea of what it looked like.





Okay back to the original post, Chuy's. My all time favorite dish is "Beef Burrito w/ Boom Boom Sauce". I love it! Mouth watering good! We get there-waited an hour for our table-no worries though we had chips and jalapeno ranch! YUM! I did not mind the wait either be/c I knew that soon I would be having a good ole' Beef Burrito with Boom Boom sauce. Miss Waitress comes to the table to take our orders, not having even looked at the menu, I say "Beef Burrito with Boom Sauce." Which she so rudely says, "We don't serve Boom-Boom Sauce at this location." WHAT?!?!?!?!

I had to SETTLE for quesadillas and was not a happy camper but did not make a big deal about it since I was with a group of people and we had just waited over an hour. Fast forward to the next evening, after traveling to Fredericksburg Jeff says, "Where would you like to eat?"

"Can we go to the Chuy's off Duval street?"

And reason # 5000 something of why I love Jeff-he said yes b/c he knew it would make me happy! Oh and we had Jenn call her friend who waits tables at this particular location to make sure they did in fact have Boom Boom Sauce.

(Please Note: Boom Boom sauce is NOT on the menu but if you order a beef burrito tell them you want the boom boom sauce most Chuy's carry it.)

No comments: