Sunday, October 01, 2006

Holiday Cooking Blogger Style: Peppermint Bark



Overwhelmed with Joy
is hosting a great Holiday Recipe swap via blogland. Here is my favorite holiday candy!

Christmas at Granny Bonner's House = Peppermint Bark. I can not remember a time that we did not have mounds and mounds of peppermint bark to take home with us after Christmas. My cousin Valerie and I had a right of passage three years ago. Granny gave us the recipe and our very own private cooking lessons. It was wonderful.

It is the easiest and prettiest piece of chocolate around. I hope you enjoy this treat as much as me and cousin Val.

1 1/2 lbs of white chocolate melted
1/2 package of peppermints, crushed
2 drops red food coloring

Melt chocolate and crush peppermints

Mix together-take a jelly roll pan, cover with foil, spread out mixture evenly, allow to freeze, takes 20 to 30 minutes, take out of freezer and break it up into chunks. This is a fun gift to pass out to friends and family!



Now Ya'll be nice now and go on over to see the other recipes people are posting. I may plan the whole meal via blogland. Fabulous!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make this all the time at Christmas its not only pretty its good.
Jen

Overwhelmed! said...

This Peppermint Bark sounds yummy! I think my family would love it.

I like what you wrote, "I may plan the whole meal via blogland." I may be doing the same. I'm getting some fantastic response for this recipe exchange! :)

I just added my frosting recipe and some pictures to my post.

Thanks so much for participating in my Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I sure do appreciate it!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Oh...nice, easy, yummy. A must try. I have never made this, infact I haven't heard of it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is wonderful, I have never made it but will definitely give it a try this year :) Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Looks delicious. Thanks!

Pamela said...

This will be wonderful to have in a pinch during the holidays, it's pretty too! :)

Rae said...

Ooo, I've heard of this before but I've never tried it. I'm sure I will absolutely LOVE it. I'm a major fan of peppermint. Yummy! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing! =)

BlondeBrony said...

I've made this before. It is simple, fun to make and tasts great. It's ideal for any cookie exchanges.

Anonymous said...

The candy looks wonderful! I bet it could be done with dark chocolate too....Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks SO good! It's so pretty, and I'm loving the idea of using it for Christmas gifts, cookie exchanges, and hostess gifts! Thanks!!