Jesus said,
"Daughter, you took a risk trusting me, and now you're healed and whole.
Live well, live blessed."
-Luke 8:48
(The Message)
It was a risk I chose to take that first time I walked into the counselor's office 6 years ago. It was a choice I made after many months in prayer asking my Heavenly Father to heal my wounds.
It was time to let the baggage go.
I recently read the story of the woman who had bled for 12 years until she reached out in faith to touch the Lord's robe as he and his disciples walked the crowded street. The Lord said, "Daughter, your faith has healed you-go in peace!" (NIV)
Today I was struck with this thought-It was my trust in the Lord that healed me.
I was terrified the first time I walked into the therapist office. I did not know what would come about this journey I was on. The only thing I knew is that I was miserable and unless I received help I would remain just that: miserable.
This started a long arduous journey that left me grasping and clawing my way back to the top. I will not sugar coat this process for those of you who are not comfortable with the healing process. Moving beyond our past is not easy. You see it is easy to live unhappy but it is much harder to learn to be happy in spite of the misery we have made. I slowly dissected every mistake, failure, heartache and misguidance in my life. Then I lay open, bare before the Lord. I did not rush to put it all back together again but I waited for the Lord. The Lord healed me-he made me whole.
"Why are you telling me all of this? " asked YOU.
I tell you this because today I was touched by the Lord's healing hand once again.
6 years ago, I started the healing process because Jeff and I were about to get married. I realized that in order for me to move forward, I had to leave the past in the past. God reminded me that because I chose to trust Him completely He made me whole.
We (Jeff and I) are relearning what it means to trust the Lord completely with our lives. So I tell you all of this as a reminder to me (and maybe you) that God will heal us-yet again-we just have to reach out and believe this to be true.
No comments:
Post a Comment