Monday, November 20, 2006

The Holiday Festivities Begin...


Baby Brooke and Parents Come for a Visit



Brooke with her Mom, Amy



Brooke with her Granny Sue


While I was away for the weekend scrap booking with my SCRAPPY CHICKS Robert and Amy came into town with little Brooke. I was very sad to miss this opportunity but would not have passed up the opportunity to get away with my SCRAPPY CHICKS to talk, eat, watch chick flicks, scrapbook and get massages. Coming home yesterday, I was able to breathe a little deeper because I wasn't as stressed as when I left. I am so thankful for Jeff taking his camera to get pictures for me but I must say, I am counting down until Christmas is here so I can see Brooke in person.


Cousin Val and Issac are here from Washington State...



My cousin Valerie and her husband Issac came in for Thanksgiving. They live in Washington so coming in to town is always a special occasion since it is not often they are able to get away. The whole family met tonight for good Mexican food. And did you know that in the spring they will get their doctorate in art. Valerie will soon be called Dr. Valerie! Fabulous! We couldn't be more proud of them both.


To Valerie and Issac-I am so proud of your college achievements. I know one day your art will be so well known that they will write books to display your work. And when that day comes, Jeff and I will be the first to purchase a copy to sit on our coffee table for all our guests to see.






Here is a picture of Valerie with our grandparents. If you are looking at my grandmother and thinking "Is she okay?" Yes, she's good-just not very good at taking pictures. Plus the flash is very bright.

They finally got an oxygen tank for her to wear that isn't as heavy as the other ones that she couldn't even lug around. I am thankful for this because I always worry about her when she is not wearing her oxygen, especially when she is out running errands. Now she can go as she pleases with enough oxygen to get her there and back. This is a good thing for a Granny who likes to be on the go.

In Other News...

Jeff and I would like for you to keep a few people in your prayers.

1. Jeff's dad-still in need of a job Please pray that the Lord will provide a job that will be a joy for him to go to each day. Pray that all of our faith will be increased.

2. A good friend of Jeff and I's lost his job today. Pray that he and his wife will not react to the situation but will prayerfully consider the options that God has for them. May the peace transcend all our understanding...

3. Pray for my friend Laura-who is a missionary in Cochabamba and is very homesick for her family. Laura, I tried to leave you a comment but blogger was not my friend. This is my way of telling you that I am praying for you, Gary and little Nathan.

4. Pray for Jordan's family. Jordan is the little boy who died this time last year. Because of this, Canon is alive and well today. Pray for his parents and siblings as they go through the first anniversary and the first holiday season. Pray for Chandra and Drew as well who will praise God on one hand for His provision and on the other hand mourn with Jordan's family for their loss.

5. Pray for the holidays. Please remember to not be stressed this holiday season and to enjoy the family that is around you. Don't ever take your family for granted, cherish the moments you have with them. You never know when God will call them home. Trust me, all the things that we hold grudges about or get upset about DO NOT MATTER IN THE END. So quit your whining and love the one your with. (Sorry, I will step off my soap box now. I always get this way at the holidays but I will leave that for another post on another day!)


4 comments:

Beck Boys said...

Susan,
Thanks for the pictures and the updates. It is so good to see people even over the web that we have not seen in a while. Give Martha and MH a big hug for us. We will miss seeing them this year. We will add your request to our prayer list.

laura said...

susan,
thank you for the prayer requests! it has been hard so far and we haven't even officially started the holidays... but i put up our tree this last weekend and it has helped alot, pulling out all my old ornaments from home, now if i could just teach nathan not to totally destroy it we'd been doing good :) take care dear friend!

Barb said...

Well my prayer list just got a tad longer! It breaks my heart when I hear of someone having difficulty finding a job. It just seems like people, like my husband, who really want to work should not have this much trouble finding work.

Your family is beautiful. And I'd like to just grab that sweet baby and hug, hug, hug.

Valerie sounds like an amazing young woman. No wonder you're so proud of her. Quite an accomplishment.

What an uplifting post and I will keep the prayer going for these people who so need it.

Girl Raised in the South said...

A good reminder that so many out there have really difficult things to handle, and it surely minimizes what are just my minor annoyances. Youre right, family is to be treasured. I loved all your photos. xoxo