Today was our first baptism service in our new church building. We used to meet at a skating rink so the baptisms took place once a month or every two months in someone's pool. Our baptism services are a little more personal than what I grew up knowing. The people give their testimonies before baptism. Needless to say it can run a little long when you have multiple baptisms. But for me, this makes the "conversion" more personal and I like hearing the stories of how God interceed in each person's life. Priceless!
After church was over I turned to our good friends. Who have one son, named Sam, who is too old to attend Children's Church. We often have to surpress giggles when he yawns really loud during the middle of the service. Today was no different-just a little louder than normal. Jeff could not pull it together the rest of church.
I said to Alison his mom, "Glory, Glory!" (I was being funny after singing an active version of I'll Fly Away)
Sam reply, "Yeah it was BORING!"
We started dying laughing. "Sam, I didn't say BORING-I said GLORY!"
Sheepishly he said, "Oh sorry!"
But if you could have seen the face his father, A FW Dectitive, face. OH MY GOSH-HILARIOUS! His dad is known for taking church and bible study very seriously. His nickname is the 2-7 Nazi (a name of a year long bible study he leads)
After church was over I turned to our good friends. Who have one son, named Sam, who is too old to attend Children's Church. We often have to surpress giggles when he yawns really loud during the middle of the service. Today was no different-just a little louder than normal. Jeff could not pull it together the rest of church.
I said to Alison his mom, "Glory, Glory!" (I was being funny after singing an active version of I'll Fly Away)
Sam reply, "Yeah it was BORING!"
We started dying laughing. "Sam, I didn't say BORING-I said GLORY!"
Sheepishly he said, "Oh sorry!"
But if you could have seen the face his father, A FW Dectitive, face. OH MY GOSH-HILARIOUS! His dad is known for taking church and bible study very seriously. His nickname is the 2-7 Nazi (a name of a year long bible study he leads)
Sweet Sam, don't ever loose your truth! It is what makes you who you are-Mr Jeff and I have laughed all day.
I will say "Glory"
And Jeff will reply "It was Boring-wasn't it!"
Here is something Sam would do:
Baptism Cannonball!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, no wonder he makes you all laugh. And I love the way your baptism service sounds so personal. That's really the way it should be, I think. I think it's wonderful that even though it may get a little lenghthy, people give their testimonies. I really do think it should be this way everywhere.
You made me laugh. I can just hear that loud yawn. :-)
That is funny!!!!
Post a Comment