Today I choose to be thankful for the Holiday season that is coming upon us.
I say choose because I know that sometimes people look at this time of year as a burden. But I like to see it as a blessing-a time to reflect on all the ways God has blessed us this past year.
Jeff and I have made the decision to keep it simple this year. Just the basic holiday gathering for us. We choose to remember that Christmas is not the amount of presents under our tree but the one gift that has been sent from above. That gift: Jesus Christ.
We would rather enjoy spending time with friends and family rather than fighting the rush at the mall. We want to take time to sit in the glow of the Christmas tree. We want to spend time with our extended family but we also want to carve out a little time for ourselves. Who knows this may be the last year "by ourselves."
I pray that as you start to make your plans that you will schedule time to reflect and be thankful.
God has been good to us this year. So today I choose to take a moment and say thanks to the Lord for giving me life, love and laugher this last few years.
1 comment:
I think you are so right! The truth of the matter is that the memories you make during the holiday season are of family and friends... not what was under the tree. We made a decision with our family, that as we have children each child gets 3 gifts every year... just like Jesus did. That way we can keep things a little more simple in the Bull house.
Post a Comment