Monday, November 06, 2006

Tuesday Thanksgivings

Posted by Picasa

The other day I was having a "moment". I have these often about this or that. My mom was there-like she has often been through out my life. She told me flat out, "The reason you are freaking out is because you are not living in the moment-you are living too far into the future and you need to live in the I Am." Which is here way of saying, "Don't get too far ahead of God's plans."

Here is the thing that I am the most thankful for-she has risen above her past. We all have a past some more public than others. Hers was a public one and she faced a lot of scrutiny but she has grown beyond this and I am thankful.

Last week, she started her new job as Executive Admin to the Pastor of Global Ministries at Gateway Church. I could of not been more proud. She has grown leaps in bound the last few months. Proof to me that God answers prayers.

I am thankful that she never gave up on herself or us. I am also thankful that she trusted God enough to remove the "junk" in her life and step out on faith in starting this new job. I am thankful for her listening ear. I am thankful that she is the one who encourages me to get up at 6:30 in the morning to walk two miles. I am thankful that she gives me advice when I am have a problem to solve. I am thankful that she continues to encourage me to keep on writing. I am thankful that she has started her own ministry. And tonight she is meeting with her first mentee-she will be a great mentor to this woman. I know this because she has been a great mentor to me.

So tonight I post this message only because tomorrow morning my mom and I are walking to place our vote and since I have been sick all day today-I may have to go to the doctor tomorrow and you know how the doctors office can be...BRUTAL!

No comments: