Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Prayerful Journey

I have been so blessed through the power of prayer. I find that prayer is the ultimate comfort to me. I often times will pray with scripture. Nothing is more significant than praying the Word of God. Prayer transforms me. It rejuvenates my weary spirit. It humbles the "I am better than them" attitude that often takes shape in my heart. It empowers me to reach new heights and to step out in faith. Prayer changes everything.

The last few weeks have been character building weeks for me. It's not easy watching your loved ones face hardships and realize that they have to walk this path alone in order to see God pull them out of it. I have always been someone who wanted to fix situations. I have been known as the person you go to if you need to find someone with one talent or another. After living in DFW area all my life I have plenty of contacts or I have contacts who have contacts. But my contacts have all dried up during this time. I believe it so that these people can realize that the only person who will get them through this is God. Not a friend, co-worker's friend, not a family member but God.

I must say that the hardest part for me is to realize it is not about me and that it won't be fixed in my time but in God's time alone.

Last night I went to be chanting Ecclesiastes 3:11-

"He has made everything beautiful in ITS time."
"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
God is at work in our lives. God is changing so many things for Jeff and myself. Jeff is learning what it really means to trust God with unwavering faith (Psalms 112) and I am learning the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:4). We are being transformed.
So we continue our journey through prayer; realizing it's only through prayer that we will grow and understand why God is putting us and our loved ones through this trial.
May God make EVERYTHING beautiful in its time!

3 comments:

Beck Boys said...

Prayer is a wonderful and very powerful thing. God has blessed us in so many ways. We all have to go through valleys to see that we were on the mountain when we were complaining about life. God is the great overseer. I am so thankful that I have Him on my side. I will be praying for you and your loved ones. God will make all things good in His time.

laura said...

it is amazing how God's timing is beautiful and perfect isn't it? i thought of that alot as i read the post before this one about others being at a different point of life than you and Jeff right now (and asking them to remember you). i loved hearing your heart and the feelings about where you guys are at right now. God will bring all about in his time. it will be beautiful! just you wait and see :) i thought so much about that after i miscarried about 4 months before we got pregnant with nathan. i have no idea why we weren't allowed to know, hold, and love on the baby we lost, but i know that God knows, and i trust him in that... not always happy in that, but always trusting. i know God has a perfect plan for you guys, we're watching it now :) and i can't wait to see it unfold even further! God bless you sister!

Cyndi said...

"It's not easy watching your loved ones face hardships and realize that they have to walk this path alone in order to see God pull them out of it."

Yes! I've had to remind myself of this often, and needed to read this today. He has plan.

Loved your words on prayer.