Friday, December 15, 2006

Boo Mama's Christmas Tour

Welcome to my home Y'all! Here are my decorations-since I live and work in my living room we try not to go all out with Christmas decorations. Now all this will change next year when we are in a house and not living in such small quarters.

You can see my dining room table in the mirror that hangs over my fireplace. I told you we were in close quarters. Anyway-the HO-HO-HO letters I painted last year after I got this idea in my Mary Engelbright Christmas Book. If I had a mantle I would hang the the garland above my stockings but again something that will have to wait until the house. (I will post pictures of my stockings later-I have Ashley Catalogs on the floor and I don't want people to think I am a total slob)
My snowman creation. Last year I saw this idea in Pottery Barn-I decided to make my own. Jeff and I spent a few hours in Michael's trying to find the perfect size configuration. This is my all time favorite decoration so far!




****************

I want to post a picture of our tree but to be honest I got bored today and started redecorating the tree. So I will post a picture after I am done. But here are a few of our ornaments we picked up on our ROAD TRIP this year. For those of you who don't know-I collect ornaments from our travels. My plan is to have a tree dedicated to our ROAD TRIPS.

Sturgis, South Dakota-home of the big bike rallies-we didn't go to the rally but we enjoyed shopping the Harley-Davidson Shop.
Albuquerque, NM-Balloon Fiesta 2006-I saw this ornament told Jeff i would stop by the shop before we left the square-we had more shopping to do. It was gone when I got back! Jeff was so sweet to take me around all over town to find the same ornament. As you can see we were successful.
Route 66- each road trip we like to drive portions of Route 66. Jeff found this ornament in one of the off the wall stops on the side of the road and bought it for me.



This ornament was from The Rockette Show that I went to with my mom. It's hard to believe that I used to be able to lift my leg that high. Not anymore though-I would put my back out for sure!
******************************

Okay so here is the deal folks! My mom's boyfriend Sam is hosting his annual Christmas party tomorrow night. You want to see Christmas decorations-then that is the place to be! I have asked my mom to get permission for me to post some of his pictures from the party. I am sure he will say yes-since he is cool like that. So tune in Sunday afternoon and hopefully I will have pictures to show off. He doesn't have one tree, or two but 14 1/2 trees! The 1/2 tree hangs above the fireplace. One day I hope to have as many trees as Dr. Sam. Seriously-that is my dream.

For more great tours see Boo Mama's place-and I must say Boo Mama just moved and it is already put together-or at least the parts she showed us! :)

23 comments:

Lori said...

I love the snowman you made, and the ornaments are awesome!!!

Can't wait to see if you post pictures from your Mom's boyfriends Christmas party.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Love how festive your decorations look! That snowman is so cute! What a clever idea to buy ornaments as you travel. Great souveniers!
Merry Christmas!!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I love your snow man and ornaments. My hubby would be jealous of your Sturgis ornament. He would love to go to bike week:) Thanks for the tour and have a blessed Christmas!

Barb said...

Very, very pretty. I love the clear snowman you made. And the ho ho ho letters your painted. I'm probably going to be stealing that idea!

Your travel ornaments are amazing, especially the rockettes one. And I do hope you post party photos. I can't imagine decorating 14 Christmas trees!

Barb
A Chelsea Morning

Anonymous said...

Now I'm very curious about 14 trees! That snowman is a cute idea! A lovely tour!
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous -
beta trouble... on the ROCK

Anonymous said...

Awesome snow man! I want one!

Everything looks great Sue-sue...

~ Kim

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

It's all so nice! I especially like that snowman decoration you made - I'm very impressed (since I have no crafty ability at all).

Thanks for sharing your home with us, and Merry Christmas!

amanda said...

i LOVE your snowman . . . I wanna make one now!!

Sarah said...

That snowman is SO cute!! What a great idea (to steal! :-)

I'll definitely check back for the 14 Christmas trees!

Kim said...

I love that snowman! So adorable....your ornaments are great,too!

Thanks for sharing!
Merry Christmas!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing-love the Rockettes ornament! I'd love to see a home that had 14 trees-amazing.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I lvoe the snowman I can't believe you made that, so clever. I will have to give it a tru. Thanks for having me over.

gail@more than a song said...

I love the garland and ho ho ho, very cute and I might have to try that sometime! Snowman, you MUST tell how you made it, so adorable. Fun ornaments, I love the Rockettes one.
Thanks for sharing your home.

Susanne said...

Love the ho ho ho garland and that snowman is wonderful. Do you have instructions on how to do that? I can see why he's your favorite!

Anonymous said...

That snowman is awesome! What a cool idea.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Love the ornament collection! Thanks for stopping by the other day. Merry Christmas!

Kelli said...

The garland with the Ho Ho Ho's hanging are soooo cute! I love it! Thanks for having us over and Merry Christmas!
Kelli

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I love your snowman creation. I also saw the Rockettes with my mom a few years ago.
You have alot of fun things.

Thanks for having us over
Merry Christmas!

Mrs. Darling said...

Love your flair for unigue ornaments. Those show girls are wodnerful!
My pics are up. Feel free to come take a peek.

Rebecca said...

Love the snowman! Thanks for the looksie into your home! Happy holidays!

Girl Raised in the South said...

If you ever get tired of your Rockettes ornament, send it my way. I loved it! Thanks for letting me visit.

Melzie said...

I LOVE the Rockette's Ornament, how cute :) Loved seeing your tour. xoxo melzie