Friday, January 12, 2007

"He Gives and Takes Away..."

I need a moment, do you mind?

I am battling a bit of the blues this week. An acquaintance of mine has been trying to have another baby the last couple of years. She has been pregnant twice and both times she has miscarried. When I found out that she was pregnant again I told my mom that I was going to start praying for her and the little baby. She miscarried a few weeks ago and my heart ached for this girl. She really wants another baby. This time though they found a tumor-she will have to go through chemo. I am still praying.

Our church is a small church. I love it to pieces yet a few members have chosen to leave. I am sad because I will miss these certain people. But understand that sometimes God calls people away to a different location. He did call Jeff and I away from our home church a few years ago and we have learned a lot during this process.

As I was praying for this friend and these families, even praying for our church in general a song came into my head. "Blessed Be Your Name" by Tree 63. This is the line that sticks with me:

"You give and take away. You give and take away. My heart will choose to say. Lord, Blessed be your name!"

I realize that sometimes in order for God to be glorified He gives and takes away. My problem is I often don't choose to say, "Blessed Be Your Name."

So my focus this year will be JOY. No matter what may come to us I want choose to be joyful! I am teaching the Metro Kids my favorite song growing up and to close I will sing it to you. (Too bad you can't hear it but if you know it-feel free to sing out loud!)

Thank you Lord for loving me and thank you Lord for blessing me. Thank you Lord for making me whole and saving my soul. I want to thank you Lord for loving me (thank you Father) thank you Lord for saving my soul.

Please reveal your will for me so I can serve you for eternity use my life in every way take hold of it today. Thank you Lord for loving me. Thank you Lord for saving my soul!

PS: Kim, Hudson said while I was teaching this song, "I love this song!" and he sang! YEAH!

7 comments:

Barb said...

So sad. Your poor friend. She must be so discouraged, but you're her friend and you must remain upbeat and positive for her.

Miracles happen. They do.

It's my privilege to add her and you) to my prayers.

Lori said...

I know how you grieve with your friend, I have been there. You just wonder why. But how your turned it around with the song is beautiful. Some of my close friends left our church last year, it was hard. But they are still close friends, I just don't see them every Sunday.

Have a good weekend.

Susie said...

My husband is one of the pastors of a large church and I have been devasted at times with people who have left. All the times they left, God always brought many more amazing people into my life. I now praise God when someone moves or leaves because I know there are blessings coming my way.

Wade said...

Hey Suz,

I'm stealing Kelly's thunder by saying this but that song (and that lyric, 'he gives and takes away) has special meaning to us as well because of our miscarriage.

Although we lost a child, Kelly and I can now relate the loss others feel when they have the same painful experience.

Prayers for your friend,

W

Kimmy said...

sweet heart-felt comments Sue-sue... glad Hudson gave his "approval" for your song and sang. (o: that's too cool. Your Friend ~ Kim

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I never had really given that song a lot of thought, but your post really made me think. Y'all take care!

Kimmy said...

By the way, I'm journaling about your story and that song in Hudson's scrapbook... thank you! ~ K