Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Love to Laugh!

"Gladness and joy will overtake them..." Isaiah 35: 10

Jeff and I have had many oppurtunities to bust out laughing this week. I realized how much I enjoy watching him light up when he is telling a story or listening to one of our friends share thier story.

Here are a few that have been classified as blog worthy:

1. Sunday during singing time at Children's Church, I have been teaching the kids a new song. I would sing a line and they would repeat it back to me. Well on the parts that you repeat it back-Jeff too would sing along with us. Little Amie reaches over and taps my knee.

"Mrs. Susan, Jeff is being naughty!"

"Naughty?! Amie what do you mean?"

"He is singing and it is really bad!"

"Oh but I love to hear him sing, don't you?"

"No!"

As we were walking down stairs to big church, Jeff says. "I guess Amie didn't like me singing."

2. Story told by a friend of ours last night at bible study who teaches two year olds during the week.

During snack time one day a little girl was licking the peanut butter off her crackers without eating the cracker. The little girl looks up at my friend and says, "Can I have more please?"

"Not until you finish your crackers too, you can't just lick the peanut butter and leave the cracker."

"Yes I can. My daddy licks the peanut butter off of my mommy's belly so I can lick the peanut butter off of my cracker!"

Which my friend quickly replies, "Well alright then!"

Doesn't it feel good to laugh!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Referring to the peanut butter story ... I guess kids can and will say anything! :o)

Lori said...

Oh goodness girl you did get me laughing...hmm peanutbutter, who would of thunk ;))

Girl Raised in the South said...

Everyone should hang around a kid now and then, just to hear what they have to say - lick the peanut butter off my mom's belly - priceless! Sounds like someone needs to install locks on bedroom doors, or put the kids to bed a wee bit earlier!