Blogland, my "older" and more "wiser" friends have encouraged me to make a 30 things to do before I turn 30 list. Since turning 29 all of 5 days ago, I have thought long and hard about THE LIST. I have erased and added, erased again and added again many things repeatedly. All because I didn't know if it could be done or if I wanted to commit myself to getting it done in 360 days. I wanted to run a half marathon but thought better of it since we are trying for kids...could you imagine me running with a load up front? I just don't see it happening.
Please remember when reading this list that this is MY LIST, MY GOALS and some may seem a bit-let's just say strange to you but to me they all make perfect, logical sense. My friends out there may even say, "Yes, that sounds just like something Susan would do!"
So can I get a drumroll please...
- run a 5k marathon w/out stopping (I can do this pregnant, eyes closed and running backwards...I hope or i can do it BEFORE I am prego)
- Las Vegas Trip-maybe renew VOWS with HUBBY by ELVIS
- Start taking Piano Lessons again...why did I quit in the first place
- learn to knit booties!
- finish THE WEDDING SCRAPBOOK
- Reread: Mitford Series, Little House on the Prairie, The Ladies of the Club and Gone with the Wind
- Read: Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice and some of the other classics I "read" in high school but truth is I didn't read it, I read the CLIFF NOTES
- Organize photos that are in a box from high school, college and Camp Deer Run Days (I promise to post embarrassing pics of friends via THE BLOG)
- take a painting class
- get wisdom teeth pulled-YUCK but necessary
- write a thank you note to the influential people in my life, the ones who encouraged me, stood by me and helped me move beyond my past
- tell Jeff EVERYDAY that I LOVE HIM
- go to Philly, Chicago or Boston (BTW: If I am pregnant this summer-the plan is for me to go to Philly to run the steps like Rocky...wouldn't that be funny!)
- jump in a foam pit at TEXAS TUMBLERS with my favorite little buddy Amie J!
- relearn Spanish-I used to be great at it when I worked in the restaurant but now...I can only remember cuss words
- finish writing the "Blessed Assurance" Bible Study
- plant a garden
- frame Jeff's photo's from road trips-too great not to show them off
- live in the moment
- learn to bake bread-call me Mrs Baird's if I accomplish this
- get a redesign to me blog (it's in the works...can't wait to do the big REVEAL)
- continue to grow in the Lord
- start a thankful list-one for each day from now until Feb 21st
- get a menu plan/grocery list inventory together (just wait-you will either want one of your own or think I am completely obsessed with the organizational process)
- scrapbook the scrapbook retreats...some of our best stuff is on those stinking retreats yet "What happens in Canton Stays in Canton or does it?!?!"
- Raise money for the Race For the Cure!
- buy a house
- get the Deer Run Chicks together for a day-o-fun!
- celebrate Jeff's birthday in our NEW HOUSE-this summer! We are already planning his big day-he will be 37 y'all...I married me an OLD MAN but I love him, wouldn't trade him
- BECOME A MOTHER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
And don't you worry your pretty little head, I will keep you posted as I check them off. It may be some great blog material or atleast I seem to hope that people will think it is great blog material.
10 comments:
This is a great list!
Your comment about running the steps like Rocky made me think of something funny...and I thought you'd be able to appreciate it.
Last summer, we visited several east coast cities, including Philly. We went for a jog that night down to the river, and on the way back to the hotel we jogged to the museum - I at least wanted to be on the steps (too tired to go all the way up - but did want to touch them). I'll just add here that I was SO hot. I'm a Seattle gal and we don't do humidity. This was about July 2nd or so... very, very hot. I was so thirsty. We saw someone with some ice cream...and I had to keep myself from attacking them. Ok, back to story... we came up to the back of the museum and had to walk around the building and ended up at the front of it, at the top of the steps. I figured I'd get to walk down them, which seemed fun. Anyway, we came around the front of the building to behold the steps and marvel in my joggy-ness, and guess what? They were SHOWING one of the Rocky movies on a big screen and there were tons of people sitting on the steps watching it! AND (this part is the best) there was a Ben and Jerry's van at the bottom giving away free ice cream!!!!! Oh my gosh - it was so cool!
Good luck to you. I hope your jogging experience includes free ice cream! =)
awesome list... I especially enjoyed how no. 15 (remembering the cuss words) followed no. 16 (finishing the Bible study) that cracked me up!
Get going... you got work to do! (o:
Great list! You are going to be one busy girl. I have never been to Las Vegas, but everyone says you have to see it once in your life.
I'm with you on the playing the piano. I took lessons when I was younger but decided that the drums were more fun.
My Mom has told me that I would inherit her Baby Grand - so I guess I need get a refresher on how to play it.
These are all great goals! Ditto on #5,8,15,17,22,27,&28!
Wow, you've got quite a year ahead of you. I think that would be great blog material to post as you check them off.
Happy belated brthday!
Guess I need to make one too! You inspired me! :) Great stuff.
Great list, even if you do make me feel old!
Fun list! You may want to consider doing the wisdom teeth before the pregnancy because then you would be getting the most unpleasant out of the way first.
I want to go to Boston and Philadelphia also. The Northeast is where I lack most of the states I have never been to. I must visit all 50 before I die.
Keep us posted on each accomplishment!
I was hoping the list would show with comments, but alas it didn't. Still, loved it all. So many on yours would be on mine too. Great idea to fill the year with wonderful things. xooxxo
Post a Comment