Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Prayer List


I know that prayer is a powerful tool. And it seems my prayer list is growing, for which I am thankful. I love to pray for others probably because I like to see how God transforms them and myself during the process. I have seen miracles-I am a miracle due to the fact that others stood in the gap for me. And I praise God for the gift of the Spirit to inteerceed for us. All that being said, let me lay a few requests in your lap as well.

1. Jeff-he is going on his first ever Men's Retreat. I am very, very proud of him. He did this all on his own signing up and all. I pray that the retreat will connect him to other men in our church and I pray that the men in our church will grow and seek God during this time. The cool thing is he is going to the place our youth group first went to when I started high school and we got a new youth minister. Those of you from youth group know what great memories are there for me.


2. Maudie- Jeff's grandmother. Continue to pray for her-I hate to admit that I do not know the latest. But from what I have heard the plan is to place her in a rehabilitation facility until she can get back on her feet again. Continue to pray for her to have a open heart for whoever God puts in her path to direct her to Him. Pray for her healing and her upcoming angioplasty.

3. Becky's Dad- Becky is my new friend who married a good friend of mine in high school. They just moved back to DFW area and we had become blogging friends before they moved. Please pray for her Dad's heart surgery. Also pray for Becky and her family as they sit and wait. Pray for the doctors to use thier gifts of healing during the surgery. Pray for Greg and the kids as they are without wife and mom.

4. Pray for Jodi- David's grandmother died today and they will be traveling to Kentucky for the weekend. Pray for little Reagan to sleep and for her to be healthy since the last trip she cathched RSV. Pray for the family as they say goodbye. Jodi said that Grandmother is having a party with angels tonight. So praise God for her leaving a legacy of faith behind.

5. Canon- my little friend Canon went to the hospital this past weekend. Not sure of his status but pray that his little body will be protected. For those of you confused-Canon is the little boy who had a liver transplant over a year ago.

6. My grandfather- please pray for him as he is recovering from lip surgery that removed his cancer spot. He is also very angry these days- this is not a side that I am used to seeing. Pray that God will transform his heart and remove the bitter root.


Thank you friends for praying. I am off to go to bed since I feel HORRIBLE today!




No comments: