Today while staying with my great-grandmother I got mistaken for a nurse while walking the halls. Instead of correcting the "male nurse" that should know better since his desk is right outside of Mom's room I went along for the ride.
Male Nurse: "Haven't I worked with you before?"
Susan: "Maybe. Where do you think we worked together?"
(I was thinking he would say Chili's here I swear-since I have worked at the Chili's next door to the hospital.)
Male Nurse: "You worked with me at the Lewisville ER didn't you?"
Susan: "Let's see. What years were you there?"
Male Nurse: " %#%" (not sure what he says here, I was contemplating my next line)
Susan: "Nope sorry I didn't work at that ER during those years."
And then I walked away. So later when I asked for an extra set of silverware so that I could share the choclate pudding with Room 281 you should seen Male Nurses face. Priceless...
Do you think he was wondering at this point why a fellow nurse would be sharng another patients pudding?
Nah, I bet at that point he realized I was not that nurse he used to work with in the Lewisville ER.
Male Nurse: "Haven't I worked with you before?"
Susan: "Maybe. Where do you think we worked together?"
(I was thinking he would say Chili's here I swear-since I have worked at the Chili's next door to the hospital.)
Male Nurse: "You worked with me at the Lewisville ER didn't you?"
Susan: "Let's see. What years were you there?"
Male Nurse: " %#%" (not sure what he says here, I was contemplating my next line)
Susan: "Nope sorry I didn't work at that ER during those years."
And then I walked away. So later when I asked for an extra set of silverware so that I could share the choclate pudding with Room 281 you should seen Male Nurses face. Priceless...
Do you think he was wondering at this point why a fellow nurse would be sharng another patients pudding?
Nah, I bet at that point he realized I was not that nurse he used to work with in the Lewisville ER.
4 comments:
Great story! I am so glad you are getting to spend this time with her... what a blessing. And you are a sweet granddaughter to do so! Keep us posted on how she is. You guys are on my heart. I'll try and call you tomorrow sometime. Love ya!
Sometimes it's just easier to go along, but sounds like this one caught you; he had to be wondering what was going on when he saw you eating with a patient!
Girl you are quick on your feet and crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.
Too funny! I would not have come up with something like that. I wish I could have seen his face.
Post a Comment