I should be working...I'm not. I should be starting a load of clothes...I'm not. I should be doing my bible study for small groups that starts in less than two hours...but I'm not. Instead I am here, typing up a storm. Why does it feel like it has been a long time since I filled everyone in on the happenings at our place? Is it just me or does it seem that we are all posting less these days? Could it be we have SPRING FEVER?!?! I don't know about you but the weather here has been gorgeous and I have been hanging outside reading a good book, working on my tan.
So let me fill you in on what has been happening in my neck of the woods.
We are looking for a house but it doesn't look like we will be moving as soon as I hoped. Let's just say that once again I realize that God does not want us to plan our future but to trust Him to show us our future. God is doing some amazing things during this time and I just sit back and wait for Him to give us the go. I am also amazed with Jeff and his willingness to continue to save and wait for God to give him the peace he has asked for before we move forward. I wish I could say I am the same way but sadly I want to move. I have also realized that the reason I want to move is so I can "keep up with the Jones" so to speak but like Jeff continues to show me by his actions, we aren't to compare ourselves to those around us but to compare ourselves with what God has planned for us. I swear Jeff amazes me everyday with his willingness to wait and not sweat the small stuff.
Also-I got a second job with the same company. Some of you know that I work as a sales rep admin for Ashley Furniture. What you may not know is Ashley is divided into three divisions, I now work for 2 of the 3 divisions in North Texas . Which is going to be absolutely nuts! But a blessing to our bottom line. Just another way that GOd is providing for us during this time of waiting. I was telling a friend about this job the other day and she said to get ready God is about do something huge in your life. I believe that is true, scarey to realize but true.
I am also listening to a new tape series on the Proverbs 31 woman by Nancy Leigh Demoss. It is very good-very convicting. Nancy is going verse by verse explaining what each verse means. One thing I found very cool was that if you read P31you will see that this woman first talks about God, then husband, then children and lastly the community. Nancy said there is a reason for that because that is how God designed women's roles: God, husband, children, community. I don't know about you but I often reverse my roles and my husband and God fall last when they should always be first. I would highly recommend this to anyone out there, single, married, mother, no children, divorced...it's a one size fits all type series.
Well I guess that wraps up my world, oh I forgot. Tomorrow is Jeff and my anniversary. We are going away this weekend but I don't know where. We had a friend ask us if we wanted to come over for dinner in honor of our anniversary but Jeff said, "No thank you, I want to be alone with my wife-away from the normal people we run with." Gets me curious as to what he has up his sleeve but I don't care as long as I don't have to cook and can close the office down for a few days-I will be just fine!
Catch you on the flip side!
So let me fill you in on what has been happening in my neck of the woods.
We are looking for a house but it doesn't look like we will be moving as soon as I hoped. Let's just say that once again I realize that God does not want us to plan our future but to trust Him to show us our future. God is doing some amazing things during this time and I just sit back and wait for Him to give us the go. I am also amazed with Jeff and his willingness to continue to save and wait for God to give him the peace he has asked for before we move forward. I wish I could say I am the same way but sadly I want to move. I have also realized that the reason I want to move is so I can "keep up with the Jones" so to speak but like Jeff continues to show me by his actions, we aren't to compare ourselves to those around us but to compare ourselves with what God has planned for us. I swear Jeff amazes me everyday with his willingness to wait and not sweat the small stuff.
Also-I got a second job with the same company. Some of you know that I work as a sales rep admin for Ashley Furniture. What you may not know is Ashley is divided into three divisions, I now work for 2 of the 3 divisions in North Texas . Which is going to be absolutely nuts! But a blessing to our bottom line. Just another way that GOd is providing for us during this time of waiting. I was telling a friend about this job the other day and she said to get ready God is about do something huge in your life. I believe that is true, scarey to realize but true.
I am also listening to a new tape series on the Proverbs 31 woman by Nancy Leigh Demoss. It is very good-very convicting. Nancy is going verse by verse explaining what each verse means. One thing I found very cool was that if you read P31you will see that this woman first talks about God, then husband, then children and lastly the community. Nancy said there is a reason for that because that is how God designed women's roles: God, husband, children, community. I don't know about you but I often reverse my roles and my husband and God fall last when they should always be first. I would highly recommend this to anyone out there, single, married, mother, no children, divorced...it's a one size fits all type series.
Well I guess that wraps up my world, oh I forgot. Tomorrow is Jeff and my anniversary. We are going away this weekend but I don't know where. We had a friend ask us if we wanted to come over for dinner in honor of our anniversary but Jeff said, "No thank you, I want to be alone with my wife-away from the normal people we run with." Gets me curious as to what he has up his sleeve but I don't care as long as I don't have to cook and can close the office down for a few days-I will be just fine!
Catch you on the flip side!
2 comments:
Happy, happy anniversary! I'm sure Jeff has something wonderful planned... and how sweet he wants to be alone with you.
Happy anniversary! I'm stopping by to party - glad to have met you!
Post a Comment