Thursday, May 17, 2007

All In The Family

Last night I got curious and checked out the site meter to see where my readers were coming from. The site meter is a great thing because even though people don't often leave a comment, I can tell the location that they are reading from and know instantly this person or that person has peeked into my place. I noticed that a few of Missy's family have been looking in because of the name of the location and felt it would only be fair to upload a few pictures just for them. So I hope you guys enjoy!
Faith's list (notice the check marks-that must mean we did a good job)

Check out these action shots and Elijah's great form.
Two Points!
Did you see that?!?!
The little B.F.F princesses who made a quick visit to pick a few things the other day. I think this is the moment that Katy started to get homesick. She looks sad doesn't she? Her eyes did not have her sparkle and I kept telling her that I missed her. I didn't know 2 hours later she would be crying at Lynnie's desk saying she wanted to come home. Again, I am such an amateur.
Eli realizing the camera hold pictures of himself, "Me!" He thought if he could get low enough he would be able to see the picture while I was shooting it on the screen. The pictures do not do it justice of how cute this was!
I snapped a quick picture but stayed very close because I did not trust him not to try to take a jump off the swing. 30 seconds after this picture was taken he tried standing up, but I had a hold of him at this point so I just lifted him up and planted him on the ground...where it's safe
See his little mouth puckered up? I do that! And he would get so close to the picture and again...I do that!

"Hey Elijah! Let's clean up because we are going to pick up Faith at school!" To which he did this pose that you see below, he is saying "Yeah!Nap Time! I love the way he looks asleep...it was too quiet in the car while I sat and waited for Faith to get out of school so I dug through Missy's CD stash, found Kelly Clarkson and turned it up. He never even stirred.
Picking up the little princess at school. We are sitting at Sonic...my favorite place on earth!
Faith and Josh riding bikes. The kids next door are students of Jeff and mine in Children's Church. They stayed over at the house (in the backyard actually) most of the time I was there. When they needed to go home, they would wave and jump the wooden fence. Gunnar and I had friends like that growing up and it brought back fond memories of our childhood home.
Faith smiling even thought she said earlier, "No way! I want to play on the come-put-er!" when i asked her to keep an eye on Eli while I tried to fix dinner.
The kids last burst of energy before we sent them to bed for the night. We were dancing to a song about the "Bernstein Bears."
Okay, that is enough for tonight. I have more but I need to get some things done around the house. I have a few saved for blog material so keep checking back sweet family in far away places and nearby!

5 comments:

Lori said...

being an Aunt is awesome, I know this first hand. It is such a joy. I loved looking at these pictures with you.

Have a great Friday.

Kimmy said...

adorable kids... fun aunt and uncle... !!!!!!

take a look at my Prov 31 post... curious to know your thoughts! ~ Kim

Jodi said...

Too cute! What is this site meter that you speak of? Do I have one?

Lynnie said...

What a fun time of memory making. You are a great aunt - I am so proud of you! Have I told you lately how brilliant my crowning glories are? And have I also told you lately that there is NOTHING more precious to me than knowing that my children walk with the Lord. Thank you!

Barb said...

Hi Susan,

There doesn't seem to be a way to leave a comment on your most recent post so I'll leave it down here. I read that book this summer and loved it. There were a lot of good quotes in it.

Sometimes you really do have to just totally ignore the to do list and take a day off. It's good for you, even if your idea of a day off is cleaning your house. If that's what you enjoy doing, then that's a great way to spend a totally free day. Good for you!