Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Rainy Day at Deer Run!

We spent the night in Sulphur Spring so we could go to camp on Saturday night and Sunday morning. It was the best idea I ever had! Why I did not think of this sooner is beyond me!! The night before we left I was so giddy, I couldn't wait to see Hayley at camp, to see old friends and to see my in-laws reaction to the camp grounds.

Here is Hayley and her camp BFF Mary Clarie. God could not of hand picked a better cabin buddy for these two people. Both highly intelligent, both home schooled and both close to the same age. Emma the counselor says they are joined at the hip. I am so thankful that she has a good camp friend. Since Don, her Dad is the Camp Director there will be many more years of them camping together. This was an answer to my prayers! Plus Mary Claire told me and her mom Jane that "Hayley is her best friend at Camp!"
Here Hayley is telling Nanny and Poppy a ghost story. For the Deer Runners out there, it's the story about Babe the camp dog and licking the girls hand. "People can lick hands too!" You can tell by their faces they were very into this story. One day she will be on staff telling others her version of this story, she is a great story teller if I do say so myself.
Krisann, I was her first counselor. She has been Hayley's Co-Counselor two years in a row. She is so sweet and I love having this time to catch up with her.

Killi Kaper skit..."Danny Tanner!" Doesn't she look hilarious! The following pictures will make Cousin Clint and Clay very proud. She is going to try to become a Cardinal or Bishop or whatever it is called. I never really cared too much back in the day but I was very impressed that she almost had it down. She corrected me a few times. She totally cracks me up! She was just as serious as Clint and Clay always were.


Paige! Look who was in Hayley's cabin...Skylar (Michelle's Memory). They were so excited to realize that they were "almost cousins" I took this picture before I realized who I was taking a picture of. While flipping back through my pictures later that night, I looked more closely and realized it was little Skylar all grown up! Plus Gay helped trigger my memory as well. Thanks Gay for helping me out! Another reason why we cousins need to get together more often! She looks just like Lauren to me here.
This is what it did all day Sunday....rained!
So much so that the water was almost to the bridge behind the ball fields and Scarecrow was able to go tubing down the river!



And camp is never complete without a hug and a good chat from Cousin Gay. It was so good catching up with you Gay! I love you dearly! Oh and thank you for washing my clothes all those times growing up at Deer Run. While I was washing Hayley's clothes Sunday morning, I smiled realizing we had officially come full circle.
I love you Hayley Bayley and can't wait to see you when you get back. I am so glad to see sweet smiles on your face! And no worries about not liking the slip and slide, like i told you before, I hated that day! Especially when I walked away each time with a jumbo bruise! You are the cutest little camper ever!!!


8 comments:

Lynnie said...

Awwww, what sweet memories. God moves in a mysterious way - as much as Gay and I cried about me moving from Blossom/Paris to Van, TX, Camp Deer Run was the result of that move! Who knew!!

Hayley is a really cute camper - as your mom, I must say you and your brother were the CUTEST little campers! (Give me a Mom moment, okay?) I love those unbroken circles - try as he might, the devil could not whooossseee it out. (Is that how you spell the blowing sound?)

daughteroftheking said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait for Faith go expeirence camp next year.

Pearson Family said...

Skylar is getting SO big! I haven't seen her in quite a while. So pretty! Glad you got to go camp and see your little camper. Looks like tons of fun!

Ashley said...

So glad you were blog-hopping and found ours! It was great to read and see what's been going on in your life; it's been a LONG time! Congrats on your marraige and I will be checking back in with you, God's blessings!

Mary said...

That's awesome! We missed being out there Sunday. Great pictures!

Kendra said...

I wanna go to Deer Run! You've made me want my kids to be able to go there with all the posts you've had about it!!

Pearson Family said...

Like the new bog!

Kimmy said...

love the new blog look!

Great memories... what a great time at camp... think Hailer will go back next year!?!?!? (o: ~ Kim