Thursday, July 05, 2007

Deep Thoughts By Susan!

You know, all this rain here in Texas puts a whole new spin on the song by Casting Crowns, "Praise You In The Storm!"

Lord, I'm trying to praise you I promise. It's just that 30+ days of constant rain makes it hard especially when it is summer! Oh and Lord, if I can be so bold please hold out on the rain long enough for me to watch some Rangers at the ballpark this Saturday. I've got me some memories I need to make this weekend in honor of my great grandmother. But thanks for the rain this afternoon, it was the best background music for a great two hour nap. As it was the day before and the day before that and that day two weeks ago. I guess you knew I needed some good quality rest the last 2 months!

In Jesus Name AMEN!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Thirty days might be a bit much, Susan, but boy a few days of rain out here in western Colorado right about now would be a blessed relief! It's hot! And dry!

I hope you get to see your Rangers and make those memories.

daughteroftheking said...

TWO HOUR NAPS?! Girl come on over and help a sister out!!! Just kidding enjoy those naps while you can. I'm ready for the sun to come out too. The kids are dying to go swimming, ride there bikes and just play outside like kids are suppose to do in the summer! Looks like you might get your wish today, the sun is out!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh Susan, do I ever know and agree with you whole-heartedly. Up here just north of the Red River, we broke the old record last week by 5 days! Then it didn't rain for one day so that ended that particular streak, but then it rained for the next four!!! And at least four days forecasted next week. God's provision, though,is a lovely thing. My hubby works construction, so he has been unemployed through all of this. Yet none of his guys have quit yet and we've had lots of preplanned activity that our friends or family had already paid for. I also was going to tell you I loved your last post. I was just about to post a list of blessings soon and I'd written them all down on notebook paper today while I was out and so many of them are the same as yours! Funny what all these dark clouds lead you to think about. Ha ha.

Kimmy said...

ugh... I'm with ya... we need to be going TO THE POOL! (o: My tan is going away... ~ Kim